6. Decision

My life is wrong. This crushing pain in my chest was only here because I was too weak to let everyone know the truth. But would I want a mate that would only choose me because everyone knew the truth? No, no I couldn't have someone be mine but love another. Would I feel like this forever? God I hoped not.

I wiped my tired eyes and groaned as I opened my eyes. The light outside dimmed with the thick grey curtains pulled across the windows. Mark and May were already up, mostlikely discussing me and what they could do to help. Me laying here feeling sorry for myself wouldn't help. I took a deep breath and decided that I would try and concentrate on me today. I remembered May checking my wrists before Mark brought me upstairs and sighed. They thought I was suicidal. I wasn't, but that could have been very different without their comfort.

I got up and walked into the en suite bathroom and decided, as I undressed to get in the shower, that I needed to have some normalcy today. I needed a job, so today I would start looking for one. It would provide me with some money and I would hopefully be too busy to think about my life.

As I entered the kitchen I scented eggs, bacon, sausage and toast and my stomach made itself known with a loud growl. May looked at me with raised brows and smiled.

"I'm glad your stomach approves." She winked at me. "Coffee is on the table." She nodded at the pot.

"Thanks May." I said earnestly as I took a seat. "For last night too. I honestly don't know what I would have done without you and Mark." I said tightly.

"You don't need to thank us Tabby, you're out friend, our pack and you're a sister I never had." She said gently. "We will always be here for you, just like you would be here for us."

I relaxed slightly and smiled in gratitude as she set a plate full of food in front of me, my stomach growing as I ate with my eyes. I quickly picked up my knife and fork and got to work on my plate, barely leaving myself time to breath as I ate.

"Jesus Tabby, did you even remember to chew." Mark's chuckle reaches me ears and I glance up and swallowed another sausage.

"I did mostly." I grinned. He grinned back at me and took a seat and poured us some coffee. I thanked him and gulped some of the rich coffee down and sighed in contentment. My stomach painfully full. When was the last time I ate?

"God that was good May." I say and lean back on my chair while rubbing my stomach. I can't believe I ate all of that." I chuckled.

"Neither can I" she laughed. "Thought I was going to have to save the plate from being eaten too with the way you were attacking it.

"So what are you guys up to today?" I say as I pushed my chair back and stood.

"Well I've got to be back at work in about half an hour but May's not in today." Mark answered with a gentle smile. I smiled back feeling a little guilty. I knew it was silly but I was still in their home and now they were trying to work around me as if i was a child.

"What do you feel like doing?" May asked as she sat next to Mark.

"Well I do need a job." I say wiping my hand across my face. "I can't live on air alone unfortunately." I give a small smile. "So I will probably spend today looking for one."

May looks at me strangely and opens her mouth as if to say something but then snaps it shut. Mark's looking at me as if he's waiting for me to break down again and I couldn't blame him. But I didn't want to think about that right now.

"Well I can certainly help there." May says cheerfully. "We can spruce up your CV and see what's about."

"Sounds like a plan." I quickly wash up my plate and place it on the rack to dry. "I'll make a start now and you can check it over."