4. Howl

I stood in front of my mirror and sighed. Nothing looked good on me anymore. My once curvy body now looked bony and pointy in some places. I stared at my very visible collar bones and decided against wearing a vest top. 

"Help has arrived." May's sudden voice brought me out of my thoughts. I turned and smiled at her, though I felt anything but happy. "Good God Tabby, tell me you weren't planning on wearing that!" She shock her head at me.

"Actually I wasn't." I assured her. 

"Good." She mumbled as she chucked her beach bag full of god knows what onto my bed. "What you need is something flattering for your shape." She said while studying me intently. I highly doubted that anything would flatter my new shape. "I have the perfect thing." She said suddenly as she clapped her hands. She frantically searched through her bag and said "Ah ha." As she pulled out a campaign coloured tight fitted dress. She lifted it up and shock it out to show me. I was secretly pleased. It was beautiful. It had a round neck that would hide my collar bones, long sleeves and came to about mid thigh. I usually tended to stay away from clothes that had sequins, but this dress had some on it without going over the top. 

"It's beautiful May." I said as I walked over and run my fingers over it. "Where did you get it?" I asked her curiously. I wanted one of my own.

"You can keep this one." She laughed knowing my thoughts. "I brought it last year but never wore it. You know I hate my knees." She said scowling down at them. "I honestly don't know what possessed me when I brought it." She finished. 

"There is nothing wrong with your knees." I told her seriously. "You have a lovely body."

"Thanks, but nothing will ever get me to show off my manly knees." She said firmly. I shock my head in astonishment. It was unbelievable that she thought she had manly knees. What were manly knees? Most of the guys I see with their legs out have skinny legs and knees.

"Are you sure?" I asked her skeptically. "It really is a beautiful dress." I told her waving it front of her. 

"I'm sure Tabby." She grinned. 

"And what are you wearing?" I asked her.

"This masterpiece." She said proudly as she pulled out a blood red midi dress. It was tight fitted like the dress she'd given me, but where mine was mid thigh hers was mid calf. I also noticed that hers had red straps instead of sleeves and it was low cut at the front. It would definitely catch the eyes of all the male wolves.

"It's lovely." I said as she held it in front of her. 

"I know." She winked at me. "Right lets get hair and make up out of the way." She took the dresses and quickly hung them up on the back of my door. "I think we should go for loose curls, half up." She said peering into my mirror.

"After a grueling two hours, we had finally finished hair and make up which is the longest I had ever spent getting ready. I looked in my mirror and couldn't believe how different I looked. Somehow May had transformed my face from gaunt looking into a sultry seductress. My green eyes stood out as they were highlighted from a cream colour going into a smoky brown at the edges. Black eyeliner was carefully applied and at least three coats of mascara was used to accentuate my lashes. I was dumbfounded by the power of makeup. My cheekbones were highlighted, my bags were now near enough invisible and my lips were painted a deep red. I really wish I had taken more of an interest in makeup. My hair had been carefully curled and now hung in loose curls around my shoulder, while the top section was pinned up pearl slide in clips.  

"You look stunning." May whispered looking over at me. I looked over to her and smiled gently. I felt stunning at the moment. 

"So do you." I said truthfully. And she did. Her brown hair hung in loose curls like mine and shone healthily as she moved. Her eyes were accentuated with a black smoky look and her lips were painted the same shade of red as me. "Mark will love it." I winked at her. Her face dropped at the mention of Mark and I immediately felt bad.