Chapter 2: Welcome Back

Upon her arrival at the airport, Ana was met by two Hellsing men, ready with a limo, they settled her into the vehicle and proceeded to make their way to the Hellsing Mansion.

However, when they pulled up to the front gate, there was clearly something wrong.
The iron gates had been shattered, the four guards that were usually posted there lay on the ground, their bodies riddles with bullets and each one was drowning in a pool of their own blood.

"I'll investigate, drive somewhere safe" Ana ordered.

She then got out of the car and made her way towards the mansion.
Looking at the ground she could see hundreds of indentations on the path and grass, giving the impression a lot of beings had been present there.

"Curiouser and curiouser" she whispered.

Hands in her jacket pockets, she ventured through the front doors, which had been ripped right off their hinges.
As Anastasia casually walked through the halls of the mansion, she observed the state of everything.
The floors were scattered with dismembered body parts, blood dripped from the ceiling and equally stained the walls.
It was indeed a blood bath; it appears that the Hellsing employees didn't stand a chance at whatever it was that came barraging its way into the mansion.

Continuing, the carnage was consistent on every floor, and the deeper she went into the mansion, the stronger the stench of blood was.
Taking the final set of stairs up to the top floor, Anastasia became more anxious to see what was at the end of the massacre.
However, halfway up the stairs, she heard a single gunshot.

"Oh, sounds like the fun is still happening" she giggled and increased her speed.

Once at the top of the stairs, her eyebrows raised in amusement.
The entire hallway was littered with corpses, blood and dismembered body parts.
Towards the end of the hall was the conference room, full of men in suits, and before that a blonde girl in Hellsing Uniform, another young lady with long flowing hair, glasses and blue eyes; and finally she saw Walter, clearly aged but still recognisable.

The long- haired girl had a gun in her hand and appeared to have shot one of the corpses in the head; but upon closer inspection, Ana could see it was a ghoul.

"I missed a hell of a party" Ana teased as she began to walk towards them.
"Hold it right there!" the long-haired girl warned and aimed her gun at Ana.

Ana chuckled and stopped.

"Who are you, what do you want?" she demanded.

Ana tucked part of her hair behind her ear and bowed her head.

"I was summoned here; I'm looking for Integra and Walter" Ana responded.

Walter composed himself and stepped forward.

"Oh Anastasia, welcome to the estate, please accept my apologies for the gory greeting" Walter apologised.
"Well I don't blame you for all this, looks like you've all had your hands full" Ana responded.
"Miss Victoria, please take Miss Anastasia to the sub-basement. She will occupy the room next to yours" Walter instructed.

The blonde girl in the Hellsing Uniform stumbled forward.

"Yes Sir" she responded.

The young girl then slightly bowed her head.

"Please follow me" she stuttered.

Ana proceeded to follow the young girl through the blood-stained mansion.

"Did you travel far?" the girl asked.
"The US" Ana simply responded.

A short moment of silence past between them.

"What is your name?" Ana asked.
"Seras Victoria, Miss" she promptly responded.

By now the pair had reached the basement, the only part of the mansion not soaked in blood.

"This will be your room" Seras motioned and opened the door.
"Thank you Seras- wait a moment" Anastasia paused.

Seras instantly became nervous as Anastasia got incredibly close to her face; Anastasia locked eyes onto Seras's, and she took a deep breath.

"Well, well, a fledgling, surprised I didn't notice before. But the smell upstairs would potentially explain it, so you're the latest weapon to the Hellsing Organisation. Think Alucard has some explaining to do" Anastasia commented, then went into her room, slamming the door behind her.

Seras remained outside for a few seconds, completely confused.
Eventually however, she went back to her room, unsure of what to expect from the new arrival.

An hour had passed, and Anastasia had remained in her room, as she sat there in one of the chairs, there was a knock at her door.

"Enter" Ana responded.

The door opened and in came Walter with a coffin.

"Good evening Anastasia, I have brought your coffin for you" he politely said.

He then placed it in the middle of the room.

"Thank you, Walter" she responded.
"My pleasure, again apologies for your unpleasant arrival" he expressed.
"Don't concern yourself about it Walter, but I must say it's a pleasure to see you again" she lightly smiled.
"You haven't changed much" Walter responded.
"Unlike you I'm afraid, quite the old man aren't you?" she teased.

Walter lightly chuckled and adjusted his monocle.

"Mind if I drop in?" said a deep raspy voice.

Anastasia instantly smiled and turned her head to the left.
There before her, in his traditional red clothes and hat with red sunglasses stood Alucard.

"Well, well good evening Alucard" she softly spoke.
"Good evening Anastasia, you certainly look just as beautiful as when I last saw you" he complimented her and took off his hat and bowed his head to her.

Anastasia sweetly smiled and pushed her hair back.

"I'll leave you both to chat" Walter politely said, then left the room.

Anastasia stood up from her chair and removed her coat before laying on the long sofa.

"How have you been Alucard?" Ana asked.
"Very well thank you Ana, I'm so glad you've come back to me" he said, and appeared at her side, hovering his face over hers.

Anastasia gazed up at him with softened eyes.

"I follow as you follow, I still keep that pledge- however..." she trailed off and leaned up, closer to his face.

There was a brief silence before she raised her right hand and sliced into his cheek, Alucard remained motionless.

"Something bothering you I assume" Alucard remarked and stood up, by then the mark had healed.
"As a matter of face there is...Seras Victoria- you turned her- why?" she sternly asked.

Alucard sighed.

"She chose her fate, it was the only way she would have survived, I simply obliged" he responded.

Ana was becoming irritated and sat up allowing herself to lean on the armrest.

"This better not be another experiment like you did with her" Ana spat bitterly.

Alucard chuckled and held an index finger under her chin and leaned down close to her face.

"Oh, I think you know as well as I how successful that experiment turned out" he whispered on her lips.

Ana looked down, away from his face with despondence.
She then moved her head back and turned away from Alucard.

"You can leave now" she ordered.

In a matter of seconds, Alucard vanished from sight, leaving Anastasia alone once more.
In silence, Ana eventually settled into her coffin, after closing the lid she lay there awake for a few moments; she held a hand gently around her neck and with the other she brushed her fingers over her lips.

Despite her argument with Alucard, she couldn't help herself, she could never pull herself from him, he was never far from her mind, body or soul.

"Despite it all, I'll always serve you" she whispered and soon drifted off into a dreamless sleep.