Chapter 6- So it's War

The next day finally came.
By now, the four of them were in a cheap hotel on the edge of town.
Getting out the country without being detected would prove quite difficult.

Sera and the captain had left to go to the store for food and drinks.
Anastasia however remained with Alucard at the hotel.

"This has exciting" Alucard remarked.
"That's one way of putting it" Ana replied and sat on her coffin.
"These Nazis clearly will be causing a lot of problems, but another world war would prove interesting. I mean, when was the last time we had such a great battle?" he asked.

Ana sighed and stood up, walking away she stopped at a window.

"Centuries ago, when we had to flee the castle, those humans ran us right out of there. Many died at their hands, only you and I escaped. It was horrifying. Since then, nothing, not to me, ever gave me more fear than that night" she recounted.

Suddenly she felt a pair of arms around her waist, and a head resting between her shoulder and neck.
She sighed and reached a hand back, she gently ran her fingers through Alucards hair as he held her close to him.

"That was such a long time ago my dear, don't tell me you still have dreams about it" Alucard questioned.
"As much as you do when Van Hellsing tried to kill you, that dreaded night in that abandoned graveyard" she responded.

Alucard remained silent for a while but stayed where he was.
Suddenly then, he felt his phone vibrating, he pulled it out and put it on speaker.

"Hello" he said.

On the other end, was Integra.

"How are you holding up?" she asked.
"Presently we are fine" Ana replied.
"And the fight, did you manage to obtain any information?" Integra continued.
"Their methods and desires are ingrained in my memory, my master" Alucard responded.
"Well done Alucard, her Majesty herself has called for a gathering at the round table" Integra informed them.
"Ooh, fancy that" Ana playfully spoke.
"Return at once to make your report, do not keep her waiting" Integra further instructed.
"We'll get on that" Ana sighed.
"Integra, did you enjoy the thrill of declaring war?" Alucard brazenly asked.

They both smiled as they could hear a slight gasp from Integra on the other side.

"Did you feel your blood rush, the warmth of hell's fires as you ordered the slaughter?" Alucard continued.
"Don't speak to me you monster, now return immediately!" she screamed and slammed down the phone.

The vampires smirked and laughed in pure amusement at her reaction.

"Oh Alucard" Ana teased.

Just then the door opened and in came the captain and Seras, both went red with light embarrassment at the Vampires held in embrace.

"Oh did we...interrupt something?" the Captain asked.
"Of course not" Ana replied.

The two separated, Ana sat on a single sofa and Alucard sat on his coffin.

"So thoughts on how we get home?" Ana asked.
"I can only advise a boat" the captain replied.
"But why can't we take a plane?" Seras asked.
"No, no way, it won't work, c'est impossible" the captain responded.
"But getting home will take an extra week by boat" Seras noted.
"Private jet is out of the question, and we can't leave their big boxes, here can we?" the Captain answered in frustration.
"Within this box is my own true Kingdom, this is where I was born, and this is where I'll die" Alucard replied.

The Captain sighed, fearing they were running out of options, they sat in silence for only a moment, before the door of their room shattered in and in came a familiar figure, Father Alexander Anderson.
That same rage in his eyes, in return Alucard got up and met the figure part way across the room; but as soon as they got close enough, they raised their fists and punched each other multiple times, before eventually drawing their weapons.

"I've had enough- Anderson!" Alucard screamed.

The captain drew his gun, and Seras screamed aloud and whipped out her Harkonen, trying to aim at Anderson, but as he turned to face her, she nervously stopped and stumbled back.
Ana however just watched the events as they unfolded.
And one particular action was rather surprising, with great force, Anderson swiped his arm at Seras, and past her head went flying one of his daggers, right into the wall by her head, but he wasn't aiming for her, instead there was a simple letter with a seal and writing on it that had been pinned to the wall.
Seras, terrified fell to her knees.

"The Vatican has a small private jet 13K from here, there's your release paper, our people are expecting you. Now take it and get out of here before I decide to decapitate you again" Anderson warned and walked out the room.
Ana walked over to the wall and unpinned the letter, she looked upon it for authenticity, it was indeed genuine.

"How surprisingly generous" Ana commented, she then tucked the letter into her pocket.

And as advised, they gathered their belongings and made for the location, and the jet to take them back to London.
The journey was quite fast, by the next afternoon they had arrived, and made their way straight to Buckingham Palace.
Upon their arrival they were escorted to another room, where many people were gathered, including the Queen, the Vatican and even Sir Integra.

"We have returned to you my master" Alucard announced.
"Well executed my servant, the Queen awaits you, remove your glasses" Integra instructed.

As he is told he made his way to the head of the room to greet the Queen, respectfully.

"Proceed with your report, Vampire" the Queen instructed.

Alucard smiled and turned to address everyone else in the room.

"55 years ago, a deranged Nazi Major attempted to breed a Vampire army. Walter, Anastasia and I laid waste to their operation, however it seems that they refuse to die. They have returned, replenished their numbers and are out to complete their original mission. That's what millennium truly is, the last Battalion!" Alucard explained.

Everyone gasped in surprise at the revelation.

"I guess Mr Tubalcain's filthy blood must have given us away" said a child-like German voice.

Everyone fearfully gasped and turned towards the door to see a child there, he had cat ears and was holding a device in his hand.

"The Major sure blew that one" he joked.

Then walked further into the room, only to have everyone aim a weapon at him.

"Woah there, don't' shoot the messenger, I'm not here to fight anyone" he informed them.
"Explain this" Integra demanded.
"My apologise ma'am I don't know how he got passed security" Walter responded.

The little boy then placed on the table what appeared to be a portable monitor, fairly bulky in size.

"They are useless against me, I am everywhere, yet nowhere. TO the gathered representatives of the Vatican and Great Britain, my commanding officer- the glorious Major, has a message for all of you, please attend carefully" he explained with a smile.

The boy- known as Schrodinger turned the device on, and when he did so, the first thing everyone saw were mangled, bloody, dismembered corpses; all accompanied by the screams of a man begging, pleading for his life.
"My Major looks like you've got your hands full" Schrodinger smirked.
"No things are going well, it feels as if a weight has finally been lifted from my shoulders. I'm feeling great in fact!" the Major responded.

He certainly sounded like he hadn't changed in years, that confidence he boasted all those years ago could still be heard in his voice.

"Hello Major" Alucard interjected.
"Alucard, I'm happy to see you again, it's been really far to long" the Major rejoiced.

Alucard chuckled in amusement.

"What is it you want?" Integra asked.
"Oh finally face to face with the Fräulein herself, Sir Integra Hellsing, it's a pleasure to meet you. Oh and I believe I can see Miss Anastasia behind you, my goodness, you're still as beautiful as the day I last saw you on the battlefield" the Major smiled evilly, showing little fear for anything.

Ana said nothing to respond, but just watched the screen quietly.

"What's the purpose of this, what are you trying to accomplish, answer me!" Integra demanded.

The Major lightly laughed in response.

"The purpose, what a silly question my beautiful Fräulein. TO put it in the simplest possible terms, our purpose is a total absence of purpose. You should be aware, that there are some people in this world, for whom the means, does not require an end. I speak of course of myself" in that instant, a video of a man being mangled by dozens of vampires came into view.

"You're insane, all of you" Maxwell commented.
"Did I just hear someone from Iscariot questioning my sanity?!" the Major mocked.
"Then let me ask you, if your God would allow my madness to flourish across the globe...then wouldn't it seem to you that any God like that would be just as mad as I?" the Major questioned.

Instantly such a question was insulting to any God-fearing person, and Maxwell took this to heart.

"Well he makes a point" Ana muttered under her breath.

The Major went on to saying how Alucard and Hellsing were his true enemy, how he only wanted to bring about a war, and in response, was just Alucard laughing in amusement and excitement, greatly anticipating the events to unravel.

Seras destroyed the device and Alucard shot Schrodinger in the mouth...but once everyone took their eyes off him, his corpse had vanished from sight.

"Alucard, Sir Hellsing, destroy them, you have your orders" the Queen said, simply and plainly.

With that final instruction, they all took their leave from the Palace and returned back to HQ.