The Second Mall Date (#13)

Its been a few days since Christmas and winter break was beginning to wrap up. Though to everyone's dismay, the freezing temperatures still lingered. But no matter the weather, nothing was going to get in the way of Mondo and Ishimaru's plan of hanging out together.

So here Mondo was walking down the snow covered streets over to his boyfriend's house. He was going to ride his bike but Taka pleaded him not to due to the "unsafe driving conditions." He let out a soft groan causing a small patch of smoke to fill the air and continued his journey.

The walk had taken a bit longer than expected but when Mondo finally knocked on the front door of the home, he let out a sigh of relief. It didn't take long before someone answered the door, the biker's eyes widened in surprise. It was Kiyotaka's dad who was standing right in front of him.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Takaaki questioned sternly making direct eye contact with Mondo. "I'm Mondo Owada, friend of your uh son" Mondo lied while fidgeting with his hands. If his dad ever found out about what he truly was to Ishimaru he would probably be in some deep shit. "Hm so you're this so called 'friend' Kiyotaka went to hang out with a few times." The older Ishimaru gesturing quotation marks when he spoke of the word friend. "I'm glad he's found someone then, I've been concerned at this lack of friends for a while now. Please come inside!" Takaaki stepped aside and allowed Mondo to enter the residence, slamming the door shut once he stepped inside.

"Kiyotaka your friend is here waiting for you!" Takaaki shouted from downstairs causing Ishimaru to come walking down the steps a few seconds later. Both boys smiled upon seeing each other.They could barely wait to get out of the home, unfortunately for the couple, Takaaki wasn't done with them just yet. Questions seemed to be flying at Mondo a mile a minute.

"When did you guys meet?"

"How long have you known Kiyotaka for?"

"For how long have you two been friends?"

"Are you stopping Kiyotaka from his studies?"

Mondo's brain almost broke trying to keep up with everything being asked of him, one slip up and he might expose their relationship. Cheeks growing red,Ishimaru wasn't too pleased with his father's mass questioning either. "Father can we just go please, I can assure you Mondo isn't a bad person." Taka grabbed his coat that was hanging on a rack and slipped it on over his sweater.

Takaaki ignored his son's request and asked one final question. "What did you say your name was again?" His eyebrows furrowed suspiciously. "Mondo Owada," Mondo repeated, his nervousness causing his voice to slightly raise towards the end. Now Mondo wasn't normally the one to get anxious, but at this moment his nervousness was off the charts. To his surprise though, Takaaki seemed to have finally stopped the questions and allowed the boys to leave. Just before they walked out the door, Mondo could feel Taka's father staring a literal hole into the back of his head. Something was definitely up, but he'll have to worry about that later.

The hall monitor waved one final goodbye to his father before shutting the door. The two started walking down the road a bit before one of the two finally spoke. "I'm so sorry about that, I told him to tone it down but him being a police officer in all..." Ishimaru sighed and grabbed his boyfriend's hand. "It's fine Taka at least we made it out alive," Mondo joked and smiled at his boyfriend but deep down he was freaking out. He had purposely "failed" to tell Kiyotaka about his past involvements with the law. How could one be in a gang and not get into a police situation at least once? Almost every officer knew his name at the station, and Mondo doubted that Takaaki was an exception.

Somehow he was able to push off the thoughts and focused on the important stuff, that stuff being Taka of course. The two were headed to the mall again, not to buy much, but just to hang out again. "Y'know Taka, we could get there faster if we rode my bike?" Mondo spoke playfully jabbing Ishimaru in the side with his elbow. Kiyotaka dug his hands deeper into his jacket pockets, "I think walking is just fine, I get to spend more time with you this way."