Night the Lights Went Out

A/N: I think I got a bit carried away with this one because it's so long! I've decided to start taking requests as I feel it helps me get thinking and stay creative, so to speak. I have now started this one-shot collection to place those requests here! If you have one, send it my way! :)
Also, (Y/N) stands for "your name". That way, you're free to insert yourself right into the story!

Requested by: Bee-327
Prompt: A girl is sitting front row at her first concert (a Reba concert). All of a sudden she has a panic attack and collapses. Reba jumps off stage to help her.

It had been weeks waiting and now it was finally here! Tonight would be the night that she would see Reba McEntire in person. She had her outfit prepped weeks in advance, the excitement eating her up inside.

"Hey (Y/N), it's time to-...oh!" her mother called before realizing she was near her. "Sorry sweetie. You're ready to go already? I thought I'd have to tell your friend to wait a bit longer."

"Mom...this is a Reba concert we're talking about. I've been waiting for this my whole life!" she grinned.

Her mother chuckled and shook her head. "Well, just be safe, alright? If it gets to be too much then I can come and get you."

"Mom, I promise I'll be fine. It's just a concert!"

"Okay, okay...go have fun!" her mother smiled and gave her forehead a kiss.

"Love you!" she shouted before heading out of the door.

Her friend greeted her once she had gotten into the car and they headed to the venue. It was at a local fair that hosted different artists every day. Reba was the one to close.

"Of course. Why wouldn't she be?" she thought to herself on the ride there.

"Earth to (Y/N)!" her friend called, waving her hand in front of her face. "We're here!"

They both exited the vehicle and navigated their way over to the stage. (Y/N) was the only one attending the concert, her friend not being a huge fan of Reba like she was.

"Okay. I've done my duty." her friend joked, nudging her with her arm. "Just text me when everything calms down and we'll head back."

"Gotcha. See ya in a bit!" (Y/N) smiled and went through the gates, presenting her ticket as she did so.

She glanced down at her ticket, wondering where her seat was since her mom purchased the ticket and wouldn't let her see until she arrived at the concert.

"Row A...?" she wondered aloud to herself. Looking up, she found row A...the front row! She was going to owe her mom big time for this one. Grinning, she took her seat and patiently waited for the show to start.

It wasn't until minutes later when she heard a drum beat. She looked around excitedly and saw the lights dim and the stage lights brighten. She bit her lower lip in excitement. This was it. She'd waited for this for so long.

Soon all of the stage lights came together and pointed to the back of the stage. There she stood. Reba McEntire.

(Y/N) let out a yell of excitement as did others in the audience.

Reba smiled and the music picked back up, playing the tune to "Can't Even Get the Blues". She made her way to the front of the stage, looking out into the crowd as she did so.

(Y/N) waved at her with a shy smile, hoping to be noticed but also a bit nervous.

Reba returned her smile and wave before moving to the right side of the stage.