Million Reasons

A/N: Another imagine has been requested! This one will be a continuation of "Night the Lights Went Out". Thank you all for the love and support you gave for the first one-shot! I'm doing my best to make these as true to Reba as possible. If there is any other type of one-shot you would like to see, feel free to send me a request! :)

Prompt: It's one year later and there is a concert at the same fair. Reba is headlining it, but doesn't know who is opening for her. To her surprise, it's Y/N.

"Can't y'all just tell me who it is? Why do I have to wait?" Reba questioned her staff. They always told her who was opening when she performed here. They did the last year.

"Trust me Reba...you'll see soon enough. They're about to go on now." her manager smiled.

Reba raised an eyebrow in curiosity and walked toward the side stage. There was a band at the ready, but she couldn't see a singer. Maybe there was a group or duo? She began to tap her foot lightly as she waited, growing a bit impatient.

Across the stage, Y/N was putting on her finishing touches before heading out on stage.

"Deep breath in...deep breath out. Okay. I can do this." she said softly to herself. That was always her mantra before she headed out on stage. Never did she think a year ago that she would be in the position she's in. A year ago she was passed out on the ground.

"Y/N! Your cue!" her manager called, interrupting her thoughts.

"Right!" she called back before walking on to the stage with a microphone in her hand.

She waved to the cheering crowd, the lights warming her skin from the heat they gave off. She'd done this a few times before, but this time was different from the others. At least, for her it was.

"Hey! How's everybody doing tonight?" she smiled, letting out a small giggle.

The crowd cheered and she heard a few whistles in the distance.

She laughed and her smile grew. "Great! Now before I get started, I wanted to tell you a bit about how I got here today." she began and walked a bit closer to the edge of the stage.

"I was here about a year ago except I wasn't up here. I was about right..." she searched and then pointed with her finger. "...there. You have some good seats let me tell you that."

Soft laughter was given off from the audience. Little did she know the pair of eyes that were watching her from the side.

"Anyway, I was here for a Reba concert and it was the best time I ever had. Well...that is, until I passed out." she admitted to the audience. "However...Reba was kind enough to get her security guard to get me out of the large crowd near the stage and she brought me back to her dressing room. She made sure I was okay and imparted some great wisdom and encouragement to me. I'll never forget that. It's why I'm here today."

The crowd cheered at the warmth and heart from her story.

"Now the cover I'm about to sing I think explains my story really well. When anyone doubted me, or even I doubted myself, there was that one person who believed in me. So this is 'Million Reasons' by Lady Gaga." she smiled and walked back to her placement on stage.

After singing the first cover, she sang another and even one of her originals to the crowd. She gained more and more applause after each tune.

Reba couldn't help but smile and grow teary-eyed from her words. She had helped her that much...? Enough to conquer her fears...?

When it was Reba's turn to head on to the stage, she didn't start with her usual opening number as per her request.

"Ladies and gentlemen...Reba McEntire!!" the announcer boomed.

She smiled and walked on stage to a roaring crowd. She gave waves and sighed.

"So good to see y'all! How're we doin' tonight?!"

The crowd went wild with more applause and her smile grew.

"Great! Now, there's someone I'd like to pull back out here. Y/N...? Are you still here?"

Y/N turned her head at the sound of her name. She knew that voice. She quickly grabbed her mic and went back out on stage.

"Oh my gosh! You've grown!" Reba smiled and opened her arms for a hug.

Y/N rushed in a bit faster for the hug she waited to give for a year now.

The crowd let out an 'awww' and gave applause to the two.

"You really got me choked up you know." Reba giggled and wiped under her eyes. "I had no idea you were here! No one told me!"

"Well you're not the only one." Y/N smiled as she wiped her own eyes. "You showing me and telling me that it's okay to not be okay has really helped me. I'm in front of people now and my feet are steady!"

The crowd giggled and laughed.

"Now that you're here...you wanna help me sing a song?"

"With you...?! Of course!!" Y/N beamed.

After the show was over and the sons were sung, Reba and Y/N were headed backstage to their respective dressing rooms.

"Hey." Reba called, causing Y/N to turn and face her. "I had a lot of fun with you tonight."

"I had fun too." Y/N smiled. "I'd hoped to see you again soon."

"You got that one right." Reba chuckled. "Say...why don't ya come to my dressing room and we can talk. For old times sake."

"Sounds like a great idea to me." Y/N beamed.

The two spent the time they had left laughing, joking, and catching up on one another's lives. It was like two best friends who picked right up where they left off.

From then on, they kept in touch and tried to visit each other as often as they could. Who would've thought that one night would give Y/N the one reason she needed to stay, to keep fighting.

Reba was that reason. She knew that for certain.