Enough

A/N: I haven't had any requests, but I have had a bit of the writing bug and wanted to make a sort of continuation to "I'm Here". However, if you haven't read that story, this can act as a standalone one-shot. I really got in my feels writing this and I sort of feel like I maybe wrote it for myself more than anyone else. Oops. Either way, I hope you all enjoy it!

Closing the door to your room behind you, you finally let out the breath you seemed to be holding in.

This is too much. There is too much going on.

Your mind seemed to race, each thought whizzing past just as another would come to fruition. With all that was going on, could you blame it? It seemed that everyone around you in your family was sick. Someone had to take care of them. Take care of the house. Take care of the fights because no one needs to stress. Right now, the stress was piling up. So much so that you hadn't even noticed that you'd sunk to the floor, small tear tracks forming on your cheeks.

"I can't do this..." you began in a whisper, wiping your cheeks with the palm of your hand. "I can't do this anymore...this is too much..."

Just then, a slight knocking noise came from the other side of your room. You look up to see the Reba poster that adored your wall for the longest now. Letting out a scoff, you shook your head and then stood up.

"No one can help me now. Not even you." you spoke to the poster with a sneer. Making your way to your bathroom, you turned on the sink and cupped your hands underneath the cold water. You took the water that accumulated and splashed it on your face, trying to wash your thoughts away. Blindly reaching for your towel, you couldn't find it.

"Here." a female voice spoke and you felt your towel hanging next to your arm.

Your eyes fly open in shock just before your jaw has time to drop.

Reba. She's back.

It's not long before your facial expression turns to one of anger as you take the towel.

"Now you decide to show up...?" you asked, a bitter tone to your voice as your dried your face. Pushing past her, you walk into your room to inspect the poster on your wall. Sure enough, her image was gone. She'd come through again. Just like the last time. The only difference was that you were older now and had gone through a lot since then.

"You know I've always been here. I've always told ya that." Reba replied, her voice filling your room.

"No, you really haven't." you shot back, turning around to face her. "If you had then I wouldn't exactly be here then, would I?"

"I can't intervene all the time. I do want you to have your own life."

"See that's the problem. I don't have a life. I don't do anything and I never go anywhere unless it's needed." you rebutted quickly.

Reba sighed and took a few steps closer to you.

You took a few steps back.

"This isn't like you. You know that." Reba spoke softly.

"You said you would always be there for me. You weren't. You haven't been there."

"Sweetheart, you just couldn't see me." she explained calmly.

"I see you everywhere!" you yelled at her, fists clenching. "You're in the news, on social media-...you're everywhere but where you said you'd be!"

"I-..."

"No! Don't you dare try to make an excuse!!" you yelled again, pointing your finger towards her as your tone grew louder. "Do you know what it's like to feel like you're constantly drowning?! To feel like you're so alone?! You can't fix that! You can't fix any of this!"