Chapter 1: Introduction

It was finally summer and I had already paid the next six months of rent from working at the school library all year. I shared a small apartment with two of my friends, Riley and Leslie. Riley was the party girl in the group, while Leslie was the one who always stayed home. I was in the middle, I went to some parties, but not as often as Riley.

Now that school is over, Leslie had left for her home in Nevada, while Riley and I were staying here in North Dakota. My parents were always traveling because they had clients all over the globe, so I didn't really have another place to call home. Riley hated her family, so she never really left.

This summer I planned to spend it with friends. I was starting to get closer to some of them, especially Blake. The only problem is that his best friend was Wells. He always gave me the cold shoulder and never really talked to me. I thought back to the day I met the two of them.

"I'm Lucia," I had said. Blake smiled warmly and introduced himself. He had dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. I looked at the other guy standing next to him, who had dark hair and hazel eyes. He just stared at me coldly, no smile or anything to indicate he was friendly. Blake had glanced at him, seeming confused.

    "Is your friend always this rude?" I had asked, looking at Blake.

    "No, Wellington is not always so rude," he'd said, still looking at him.

    "It's just Wells," he'd said simply and turned to walk away, his eyes finally leaving me.

I knew Blake a little better now, we hung out more often as the year came to an end and I was glad he was also staying for the summer to work. Unfortunately though, his best friend and roommate was also staying.

NOTE----------------------------------------------------------

Hello beautiful people. I'm starting this story and I hope you all enjoy it.

Lucia's name is pronounced as Lu-see-ah, just an FYI!! Don't forget to vote!

Please let me know if there are any typos and I will correct them as soon as possible. Thank you for reading!

Xx