Chapter 2: The Stupid Eggs!

"Crap, crap, crap!" I said, as I realized I completely forgot the eggs.

Skyler was a good friend that I hadn't hung out with very often because of finals. I promised her we could hang out as soon as I could, and today was that day. We were gonna bake a cake and enjoy it while watching Netflix.

Now, I stood outside her two story house panicking over forgetting the eggs I ensured her I would not forget. I had just been dropped off by my roommate, Riley, and was about to knock on the wooden door when I realized my mistake. Lucky for me, Blake only lived about a block away from Skyler. I got out my phone and dialed his number. I stood there, being tortured by the ringing of the call.

"Come on, Blake! Pick up!" I whispered harshly, not wanting Riley to hear me having a meltdown out here.

It was quite dramatic, really, freaking out about eggs. I didn't have the courage to knock on her door because I forgot some eggs? I kept thinking of how I'd told Skyler that I wouldn't forget those damn eggs, but Riley was in a big hurry to get to work and my brain seems to stop working properly under pressure. Finally, Blake picks up.

"Hey Luce, what's up?" he says, and I smile wide.

"Blake, please, puh-lease tell me you have some eggs in your fridge." I said desperately.

"Uh...yeah, I do...Is that a new pick up line or something?"

"God, I wish," but how would that go? Oh goodness, that's not the most important thing right now! "No no no, I'm outside Skyler's house because I promised her I would bake a cake and hang out with her and I had one job, Blake. ONE JOB: to bring the eggs and guess what I forgot?"

I could hear him giggling on the other end.

"I forgot those stupid eggs, Blake, and I CANNOT walk in there without some. She'll kill me! Skin me alive! Bake me instead of the cake! Please help me!" I finished, out of breath.

"Well, it's your lucky day Luce. Wells and I are headed out to Home Depot for a few things. I'll be there in a few minutes," he said and I squealed happily.

"Bless your beautiful soul, Blake! Thank you SO much," I said.

We said our goodbyes and after a few minutes I saw Wells' black Jeep coming down the street. They stopped in front of the house and Blake got out, holding a carton of eggs in his hand. I ran to him and grabbed the eggs carefully, not wanting to ruin the only chance I had at walking through Skyler's door unharmed.

"You sir, are a lifesaver!" I said, opening the carton and seeing the beauty of the eggs sitting there.

"Well, you know, I try," he said, smiling proudly. I giggled happily and went to hug him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I exclaimed, while he hugged me right back.

"Blake, come on!" a voice said from the car. I finished hugging him and looked in the direction of the voice.

"Hello to you too, Wells," I said and he just looked at me, then looked away with an annoyed expression. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll see you later, okay?" Blake said and started making his way back to the car.

"Bye! Thank you again, you're the best!" I said and he smiled at me while waving from inside the car.

I walked back up to the house, finally being able to knock on the door.

NOTE----------------------------------------------

Hello loves!

Hope you're enjoying my story, please let me know if there are any typos!

Make sure to vote too, help a sister out.

Have a wonderful day (: