Chapter 4: Necessities.

"You're bleeding, what happened?" he asked as I turned back to face him, seeing his eyes on my leg.

"Nothing," I mumbled as he walked towards me and held his arms out. 

"I'm fine," I lied and tried to step to the side only to yell out in pain as my leg gave out and I almost fell, but his arms caught me and lifted me back up.

"It looks bad, I'm taking you to a doctor," he said and put an arm around my waist to help me walk. I let him help me this time because I was in too much pain to care and put my arm on his shoulders. We made our way back to the house, me hopping on my good foot and him holding on to me tightly. He led me towards the side of the house instead of the inside, and I stopped my hopping.

"Where are we going? I have to get Blake," I told him, but he shook his head.

"It will take too long to find him, I'm taking you," he stated.

"Wells, he's my ride. I have to let him know," I said, growing frustrated. How can he be so rude to me and suddenly be this concerned about me? I mean, I was bleeding, but he could just let Blake do the hard work. What changed?

"I'll text him when we get to the car," he simply said and started walking again, forcing me to keep hopping.

We reached the end of the driveway when I stopped hopping again, out of breath. He looked at me and didn't hesitate while reaching down behind my knees and lifting me off the ground, making me gasp and hold on to him for dear life. He was pretty tall compared to me, not that it was hard. I was 5'3 while he was a whole foot taller. We reached his Jeep much faster this way and he put me down. He opened the car and I got in, careful not to hurt the side of my leg any more than I already had. He leaned into the car, opening the glove compartment and took out a tissue box. He took out several tissues and looked at me.

"We need to slow the bleeding," he said and I grabbed the tissues, pressing them on the right side of my right leg above my ankle. I winced and he tensed, putting the tissues on the dash. He closed the door and hopped into the driver's side, getting out his phone and quickly texting someone. I felt my phone vibrate with a new text as he started to make a call, turning the car on.

"Wells?" a voice I recognized answered, it was Blake.

"Lucia isn't feeling well, I'm taking her home. I texted the group chat already," he said calmly and hung up before Blake even had a chance to answer him.

"Why didn't you tell him the truth?" I asked and he glanced at me and then at the road. His hazel eyes catching the light from the streetlamps.

"He'll worry too much, we can tell him later," he said. I felt my phone vibrate a couple more times as we left the loud music behind us.

We drove to a hospital and Wells carried me to the emergency room. He walked all the way to the front desk and asked for a "Dr. Brenn". He set me down on a chair in the waiting room only for a few minutes when a man with a white coat came rushing towards us. I was carried to a room and Dr. Brenn introduced himself. He looked like he was in his thirties, with a warm smile and brown eyes.

In the bright room, I was placed on a hospital bed, with a sheet underneath my legs. The nurses had to cut through my jeans to get to the wound, and Dr. Brenn told me I was lucky that it wasn't too deep. He cleaned the wound, which was painful, and I gripped the bed tightly trying not to yell. Once it was all bandaged up, he said I was good to go, no paperwork or anything. I was taken back out in a wheelchair to where Wells was waiting, and he ran towards me.

"Better?" he asked me with a worried expression and I just nodded. Dr. Brenn walked over to us.

"Wells, it's good to see you again," he said to him.

"You too Carson," he replied. Carson? Do they know each other that well?

"She lost a lot of blood, just keep an eye on her," he said and smiled at me, "and you, Lucia, get some rest and stay off that leg, okay?"

"Yes, thank you, Dr. Brenn," I said politely.

The two of them said their goodbyes and Wells helped me up and carried me to the car.

"How do you know him?" I asked, looking at his big hazel eyes.

"He's a family friend," he said.

We were both inside the car when he spoke again, "You're staying at my apartment tonight."

I looked at him, thinking he was actually asking. Bold of me to assume.

"Wells, I will be fine. Please take me home," I said calmly.

"You heard Dr. Brenn, you lost a lot of blood and I need to keep an eye on you," he said and started to drive out of the hospital parking lot.

"I can't just spend the night at your apartment," I said, as my patience started to waver. He said nothing while still looking ahead at the road, making my patience disappear completely.

"Wells, I'm not staying at your apartment! I want to go to mine, where I have all of my necessities," he kept looking at the road, "my toothbrush, my face wash, and my hair stuff? I have to shower, Wells!"

I was now desperate to just go home, "I need all of those things, so unless you have them I'm not staying at your place."

"Fine," he said and I smiled internally.

We'd only been driving for a few minutes when he stopped at a Walgreens. I turned to look at him confused.

"Just a quick stop," he said shrugging his shoulders, "you want anything?"

"No, thanks," I said and got my phone out of my back pocket. I had put it on silent when we got to the hospital. The bright screen read 9:47pm and I had several text messages. I heard the driver's door close and Wells calling someone and headed into the store. I looked back down at my phone.

LUCKY CHARMS Groupchat

Wells: Lucia isn't feeling well. I'm giving her a ride home.

Sofia: Is she okay? I was wondering where she went.. Was starting to get worried

Blake: Did she drink? Why didn't you come get me?

Wells: Couldn't find you. She was just a little queasy, she'll be fine.

Skyler: #Shady

Blake: Hey, what happened?

Riley: Have you seen my platform heels????????

NVM

you good?

Riley's last text surprised me, she had just sent it. I texted Blake that I was just bored and was indeed queasy, continuing the lie so that he didn't worry. Then I texted Riley,

Riley

Me: Yeah, why?

Riley: Just making sure, I'll be back late tonight. Be safe

Me: You too

I chose not to question it just yet and decided I would have to ask tomorrow, knowing she was already headed to a party.

I was still looking down at my phone when I heard the door open, making me jump. Wells got in, putting a plastic bag in the back seat. I kept texting Blake as we drove.

The car came to a stop and I finally looked up. We were at Wells' and Blake's apartment. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, exhausted but still willing to argue with him again.

"Wells, I swear to GOD"