Chapter 5: There Goes My Dignity.

"You said so yourself if I had all of your necessities you would stay at my place," he said, showing that he clearly thought this through. I just looked at him expectantly. He reached for the bag he had put in the back seat and put it carefully on my lap. He pointed at the bag, "well? Look inside it."

I opened the bag and saw that he had bought all the products I had in my apartment.

"How did you..," I started and immediately thought of Riley and her weird text, "I'm gonna kill Riley."

"You can kill her tomorrow. For now, your staying here," he said nonchalantly. I just rolled my eyes in response. He was so stubborn.

"You didn't have to buy all this, Wells, you're insane," I said while closing the bag again.

He didn't bother answering me and instead got out of the car to come over to my side. I opened the door and hopped out - literally - with the bag in my hand. He quickly came over and swooped me up making me gasp, again. I felt his arm's warmth around my waist as he closed the car door with his back. I was still holding the plastic bag while my arms were around his neck, and I was trying not to lean into his warm chest despite how cold it was outside.

As we entered the building and headed to the elevator, I studied him. His dark eyebrows and dark hair contrasted with his hazel eyes and his chin looked well defined. He had his face shaved, but I know he sometimes liked to leave it unshaved. Thinking about that immediately made me blush and I looked away from him, afraid of being caught.

We reached the elevator and entered, Wells finally setting me down on my good leg. His hand never left my waist as we neared the 3rd floor where his apartment was. He kept his gaze on the doors and as I noticed I did the same. As soon as the elevator doors opened I was carried down the hallway and to his door. He put me down and unlocked the door, this time letting me hop inside. To the right was the living room, which had a balcony, and to the left was the kitchen. Straight ahead was their rooms, Wells' was to the left and Blake's to the right. I hopped straight to the couch and sat down while Wells walked to his room. He came back out holding some clothes in his hand.

"Here, you can sleep in this," he said, handing me the clothes.

"Thanks," I mumbled, suddenly a little nervous being in his apartment without Blake around.

"You can take a bath in Blake's bathroom," he said and I jumped up at the sound of that, eager to finally be able to take these dirty jeans off.

He helped me walk to Blake's room and into the attached bathroom. I set the plastic bag down on the counter and the clothes next to it. He closed the bathroom door without a word and I looked at myself in the mirror. My brown hair was messy and my shirt had dried blood near the hem. I carefully took out all the things Wells bought and set it in a pile by the sink. He bought all of my face stuff, hair stuff, and even a toothbrush.

Twenty-five minutes later, I felt so much more refreshed. I had taken a nice bath - minus one leg - and I washed my hair and brushed my teeth. I braided my wet hair and put on the clothes Wells gave me, which was a grey shirt and some black sweats. They looked over-sized on me, and I had to roll the pants twice for them to fit my waist. I left my clothes in a pile by the door.

By now, I was starting to feel more pain from my leg. I made my way out of Blake's room, ignoring the pain. I was only using my toes on the hurt leg and I limped far enough and saw Wells standing by the kitchen island on his phone. His hair was wet and he had on a blue shirt and grey shorts. I just stood there like an idiot, admiring him.

He finally spotted me by the doorway of Blake's room and walked over to me, helping me walk to the couch in the living room. I winced as we walked, and he looked at me with a worried expression but said nothing.