Well Yes, But Actually No

They found them? They found them? And they're alive?

"You found the demons and you managed to live?" Rin asks exasperated. Now that was kinda cool. But also scary? Why wasn't he freaking out? Surely he could see the coal-tars and other low-level demons running around then?

"What were they like? Are you sure you guys aren't on drugs yourself?" November asked.

"With all due respect." He adds.

Lynx glares at November who raises his arms up in defense, shuddering at the cold stare. "No, November I am not high but you're drunk so shut it. Anyway, the demons were really human-like but still had grotesque animal features. Black eyes, sharp teeth, scaled skin and long twisted horns."

"No offense boss but that sounds ridiculous." Skip laughed. Mad Dog made an 'mmhm' sound nodding her head.

Rin stops them short. "He's telling the truth, and so was Diamond and that executive." The gang affiliate leaned back against the counter of the bar. He shut his eyes and sighed. 'What a drag.'

"And how do you know?" Streak glares. 

"Because I can see them too. Besides I grew up in a church with my dad and kid brother being exorcists."

"Bullshit. I bet they were nothing but fakes. It's just not real. It's gotta be drugs." Streak shrugged.

What Streak was not expecting was the drink in front of him to suddenly explode into blue flames. If Shura or Yukio saw the scene they'd kill Rin. One literally and the other metaphorically.

"I'm real sick of your shit, Streak. My father and brother are not fakes. Demons are real and you're looking at one right fucking now. The son of satan himself. See those blue flames?" Rin gestures to the flame that wanes on the bar table in front of Streak almost threateningly. "I'll fucking fry you next if you don't take it back."

"I see why he's called Devil now." Fox murmured lighting a cigarette and taking a puff. "But it's kinda funny."

"Whoa, Devil, is it true that you're a demon?" Skip wondered in awe.

Devil ignored him momentarily. He waited for the apology. He wasn't going to burn Streak though. Rin wasn't a killer. Besides then he'd be just as bad as the Vatican thinks he is. But the threat was enough. 

"S-sorry Devil. I take it back. Your father and brother are real exorcists and demons exist." Streak gaped out as the flame died.

The little demon smiled. His demonic features receeded thought the weren't that pronounced in the first place. Just glinting sharp fangs and pointier ears along with the flames that lightly covered his skin.

"See demons are real." Rin sits back down in his seat. "And yes Skip I am a demon. But only half. My mom was a human."

"Well isn't that something?" Lynx deadpans a bit but the smile is all but teeming in his voice. "You're telling me your genius kid brother was an exorcist this whole time? Little Yukio?"

"Yeah well. I always did say he was smart and that things were crazy."

"So he's satan's son too then?"**

"He is...but he is not a demon. As far as I know only I've inherited the flames." Rin remarked. That was the weird thing out of it all. How was the even possible in the first place? He couldn't believe that Yukio was too weak for the flames because "Yukio was freakin' amazing despite being a spotted four-eyes"

"Hold up, we just have an existential crisis at the revelation that not only do demons exist but you're one of them and satan's son and you guys are going to pretend like it's any other Tuesday night?" Streak runs a hand through his oily hair. His eyes jitter from shock.