Chapter One

Elena watched as the Kings carriage pulled into Winterfell. She was stood beside her brother and he looked just as nervous as she was. Robert wasn't bothered by the bastards yet she didn't know how the Lannister's would react. Especially Cersei. 

Robert came out of the carriage followed by his wife and children. Cersei was beautiful, it couldn't be denied but she had this wicked look which made Elena's handshake. Jon noticed and grabbed it, trying to comfort her. She looked across to him quickly and gave him a small smile.  

Robert came over to the crowd and made a few jokes with her father and looked across the Stark children. Then he looked at her. She had a sudden moment of fear as he gave her an almost hypnotic gaze.

"Lyanna?" He said, and a smile broke across his face. Ned stood to one side as to protect Elena. 

"That's...Elena Snow." He said almost in a hushed tone and I could see Catetlyn's gaze change from respect to disgust.

"Come here, child." He said. She stepped forward and looked up at the King. "You are a charmer, ain't ya?" He gave her a warm smile and she returned it. "Let's go to the crypt." He turned to Ned and walked off. Whilst Elena fell back in line and return to hold Jon's hand as she was shaking more now. 

***

Elena prepared her horse - Melfala - for a ride. She wanted to get away from the Lannisters and their snobbish ways. She stroked the horse's nose and kissed her head. She was bonded with her horse as she raised her. She pulled on her reigns and she followed her out of the stables but she stood still at the entrance. Elena tried to move her but she wouldn't budge. 

"She's beautiful." A gruff voice said. Elena jumped and turned around to find the Hound looking down on her. 

I know it's short but I prefer short and quick chapters. Tell me if you don't though. 

If you enjoyed, don't forget to vote!

-Georgie