𝟷/𝟹

"Mama, you know I can't catch no uber," Tay explained

"Mama, you know I can't catch no uber," Tay explained. "that's too expensive!"

He had bags weighing down his arms, walking out the grocery store and he needed a ride home.

"Then why did you go up there without a way to get back?"

"I was hungry," Tay frowned, "I ain't know when you was going grocery shopping again and every time I ask you for something it's like "you grown, do it yourself" I'm only 19 maaa! You be acting like I don't need you."

Taymor flares his nostrils, setting the bag of frozen food down. Groceries were so heavy. He would hop back on the bus he came here on but it was way too many bags to carry all at once.

"Boy I don't have time for this, I'm busy."

"But ma-"

Taymor knew the phone cut off so his breath did too, he sucked it back in and breathed, opening the lyft app.

$50 from here to his house and only $54 in his back account till Friday. Why was adulthood and doing everything alone so hard? Nobody legitimately tried to help him at it either. The only other thing would be to call another family member but they wouldn't move with any sense of urgency. If he waited on anybody in his family to get him he'd be out here for more than 5 hours.

"Fuck man," Taymor whined. He set all the bags down and waited by the door, seeing people walk in and walk out of the automatic doors with their families. Pushing carts of groceries with your parents behind you, sitting up front and kicking your legs while your older siblings get scolded for running around in the parking lot--Tay missed that. He missed being young when everything wasn't so hard. Now he had to work and study, be tired, be depressed and above all that be fucking hungry and broke. Why the fuck you gotta pay so much to live a life you didn't ask for in the first place? LMAO

It was cold, like 69 degrees outside and his hoodie only seemed to thin more than help. Taymor sighed and dragged his bags over to the bench, phone now on 10%. When he had the energy he'd start the process of pulling all these bags to the bus stop which was only 3 blocks away and up a hill. Either way, he'd get home somehow and after that never leave again.

"Can you spare a dollar so I can get me something to eat?"

Taymor gave this man a blank stare until he waved a hand in his face, walking off.

If anything, at least the groceries were his. He dug down in the bag and pulled up one of the packs of cookies, pulling back the fresh foil seal. Make the load lighter at least.