Alternate Ending

Hey, fellow Wattpaders!

Here is an alternate ending to the story that probably will be included if I ever write a sequel. It's not as polished as the epilogue, but it shouldn't be too bad.

I actually wrote this before I wrote the epilogue, but scrapped this one in favor of what I actually used. (But I this one has the "Dark Knight" reference that I had to cut out of the Epilogue. Maybe you can find it ;)

Should I write a sequel? Comment or message me with your thoughts.

Enjoy!

--

Timelord2204

A lone figure ran down the sidewalk in the pouring rain. Even though her raincoat was sopping wet she kept it on. In the distance a bolt of lightning darted out of the clouds that obscured the sunset. Thunder constantly rumbled in the distance. When she stumbled on a puddle her dark hair spilled over her face and her hood fell back.

"Wait," a voice called behind her, "Where are we going?"

"I'll tell you later," she responded while pushing the hair out of her face. The girl's watch beeped twice alerting her that it was seven o'clock.

"Hurry," she encouraged the boy behind her, "We're going to be late."

Approaching a large brick church, she raced through the sliding doors. Instead of stopping to hang her jacket on the coat rack, the girl splashed into the sanctuary.

"Why the rush?" the boy behind her asked, "Where are we-"

"Shhhh, can't you hear them?" the girl whispered, sharply interrupting him.

"Hear what?" the boy whispered.

"Nothing, I forgot you haven't seen yet.

"What do you mean seen?"

"Never mind, It's just me, come on."

She led the boy through the pitch black sanctuary into the choir stand. Walking over to the chair that was labeled Mr. Julius Augustus she reached under the seat and pulled a lever. The floor opened beneath them before convincingly closing behind them. When they hit the ground they were in a full-blown underground headquarters.

"Geneva, it's about time you showed up," a male voice spoke from the back of the room, "Did you bring him?"

"Yeah, she brought me," the boy groaned from the bottom of the old elevator shaft. "Why did you call us back?"

"Well, Isaac, do you remember when I said that I would call you when I needed you?"

"Yes, but-"

"The time is now."

"Mr. Augustus," a voice from the back of the "house" called. "Do you want your peanut butter crunchy or creamy?"

"I'll get my sandwich later. Come, it is time."

A boy wearing sunglasses that looked like they came from a James Bond movie, about the same age as the other two youth, came from the back. He was dressed in combat armor from head to toe.

"You three will be a team," Mr. Augustus firmly stated. "Isaac, you are Techno. Gadgets, computers, anything of the sort, it's all at your fingertips."

"Wait, I thought this was only going to happen if 'absolutely necessary'?" Isaac asked, "Why do we have to do this now?"

"I accidentally traveled in the Bible and jump started the book of Revelation." The boy wearing combat armor told him," At midnight precisely the end of time will begin. Mr. Augustus wanted all of us here before he gave assignments."

"Thank you Phillip," Mr. Augustus continued, "Now, Geneva, you are the Weapons Warrior. The entire arsenal is at your disposal. You will love it."

"Thank you sir," Geneva replied.

"Finally, Phillip, you are the team leader. Everyone will depend on you and you must depend on God. You are are silent guardian, our watchful protector, the Time Runner."