"the breakup"

"he did- what?!" i exclaimed into the phone, my eyes widening.
"he-told me i wasn't to hang out with you again." she said confused. "he got mad at me." i scoffed and rolled my eyes.
"i swear, the next time i see him, he'll be dead." i said jokingly. we both started to laugh. billy walked out the door, then turned back to me.
"i'm leaving. if you leave this house you're dead." she said pointing his finger at me. i stuck out my tongue. he slammed the door behind him. i focused back on el.
"so... max?" she asked me nervously.
"yeah?" i replied. she gulped and exhaled.
"about that kiss..." she said. "i just- wanted to know if that meant anything?" she asked me. i looked around my kitchen, trying to think. did it mean something? i mean, i for sure knew it meant something to me, but what about el? i completely forgot about her and mike. did she even feel the same way for me? probably not, but i tried not to think too much of it.
"well..." i said awkwardly. "it was just kind of, a messing around thing, right? we weren't actually kissing.."
"y-yeah!" el said in the phone. "we were just messing around." i nodded.
"just a one time thing." i said, smiling. me and eleven continued to talk on the phone for a couple more hours until she had to leave for dinner. we both hung up.

it was about a week later, there was a knock on the door. i jolted up from my bed and ran to the door. i looked through the window before answering, as i always do. it was el.
"el?" i asked myself quietly as i unlocked the door. there was el standing on my porch. something was off. i noticed she was... crying..?
"e-el? are you-." suddenly, she ran into my arms and gave me a huge hug. i hugged her back, i set my head on her shoulder. i held her as tight as i could. i didn't know why she was hugging me, but it didn't matter. all that mattered was that she was in my arms and i was comforting her. we pulled apart. she wiped her salty tears with the sleeve of her shirt. without saying a word, i invited her inside.

we sat on my bed. i placed my arm around her, comforting her. she looked at me with red puffy eyes.
"mike and i, we got into an argument." she said. i sat closer to her.
"he told me, that 'i don't need friends and i only need him'." she said with a soft voice. i began to get angry hearing about mikes petty bullshit.
"he also said he will leave me if i do one more stupid thing?" she said confused. she started crying again. i groaned.
"this is enough." i said angrily. i stood in front of el.
"you're going to dump his ass." i said bluntly. she wiped more sticky tears off of her face.
"w-w-what?" she asked. i walked over to my phone and brought it over in front of el.
"he treated you like GARBAGE. he doesn't need to treat girls like this. he deserves this, el." i said with an angry expression on my face. i set the phone on el's lap. she stared at it, then picked it up and began to dial mike's number. she put the phone to her ear. i sat on my knees on the ground, waiting for him to pick up.

after a couple tries, mike picked up. i heard his voice faintly from the phone but not exactly. el greeted him and said they needed to talk. el went on about how he treated her like garbage (which he did) and how she can have other friends without him controlling her. her voice was starting to grow louder. finally, she got angry.
"mike, i dump your ass!" she yelled into the phone. she slammed the phone down. i smiled at her.
"good job." i said quietly. she smiled then started laughing. i laughed too. finally, mike, that dickhead wasn't bothering her anymore. i could tell el was happy.