NamTae

The breeze outside of the salon was nice, bringing the smells of late summer flowers over from the park across the street. Dez had stayed to have her makeup done, since she didn't do it herself very often, and was feeling pretty while she waited for her dates. Admiring her toes once again, she lifted her head as she heard a voice talking to her. Looking up, she saw a sweet older woman, smiling at her as she stood in front of her.

"Oh my," the woman said, "You are just so pretty! I had to stop and tell you."

Dez blushed, "Thank you very much. My friends treated me."

"Cute!" the woman cooed, reaching over and patting Dez's head, "You remind me of my granddaughter. I bet you're just as sweet and smart as she is, too."

"Maybe," Dez said quietly, "I do own my own business!" she brightened up, talking about her passion.

"Give me your card?" the woman asked, "I'd like to support a bright youth like yourself when I shop for the holidays."

Dez produced a card from her purse, handing it to the woman who looked over it with interest. Placing it in her own clutch, the woman patted her cheek.

"You are glowing, dear," she said, "I hope your 'friend' is what made you look so happy."

"Technically, it's 'friends'", Dez said shyly, "At least for now. Maybe? I don't know."

"Friends are better than friend," the woman laughed, "Don't get in the way of yourself. If you are happy, do what makes you happy. Are you hurting anyone else?"

"Well, no. I guess not."

"Then who cares?" the woman laughed heartily, stopping suddenly and gulping as she looked down the street, "Oh shit!"

Dez choked to hear such a sweet old lady cussing, but followed the woman's gaze to see what made her do so. Two tall figures walked toward them, long strides and laid-back stances turning the sidewalk into their own personal runway.

Namjoon had on casual slacks and a t-shirt, his chest showing definition beneath the fabric. Adjusting his shoulders as he walked, Dez got a tiny peak of his flat stomach for a brief second, hearing the woman beside her gasp as she did as well. Taehyung was wearing faded jeans and a crisp white dress shirt tucked behind a braided black belt. The sleeves were rolled up and the buttons were done low, framing sharp collar bones and showing off his tanned skin. As they came closer, they both met her eyes and smiled widely, showing their adoration.

The woman leaned close to Dez, still looking at the guys, "Are those also 'friends' of yours?"

Dez nodded, giggling as she saw them hasten their steps to reach her faster.

"Wow," the old lady breathed, "Don't let go of any of that." She squeezed Dez's shoulder, giggling as she nodded to the guys and took her leave. They reached Dez and swept her into loving hugs and kisses.

"Who was that?" Namjoon asked, chucking his chin to the woman who was walking away as he held her hands.

"Just a sweet old lady," Dez answered, "She just stopped to tell me I look pretty."

"So then she's a smart, sweet old lady," Tae chuckled, hugging Dez from behind and resting his chin on her shoulder. "I like your hair, babygirl."

"And I," Joon leaned in and pecked her lips, "Like your face." He let go of her hands and turned around, crouching and patting his shoulder, "Hop on, let's go."

"What?" Dez asked, confused, "You can't carry me, Joonie. It's too hot out."

"I can, whether you want me to or not," he laughed, "It's just on the other side of the park. I don't want you to ruin your pedicure."