Freedom

(This is it, the last part! I can't explain how much fun I had writing this and seeing your reactions to it! I won't go on now and I let you read this next part!)

Levi ached. It was early the next morning, too early to get up but he couldn't get back to sleep. He couldn't lie, knotting with Erwin had felt amazing. He was encompassed by such a mind bending feeling and he definitely didn't regret his decision. But now, he ached and felt a little empty. He was used to aching a bit afterwards because Erwin wasn't exactly the smallest man in the world and Levi hadn't done anything like this in many years before Erwin. But this emptiness was new to Levi. He briefly considered his suppressants were failing again but then he realised that he wasn't burning hot, so it couldn't have been that. Maybe this was just a normal feeling, Levi didn't have any frame of reference. Levi tried not to think about that and instead he focused on the new feelings.
He could feel Erwin's heart beating gently beside his own. It was disorienting at first but now he found it extremely calming when he focused on it. He could feel that Erwin was relaxed and calm; he'd felt that before after they'd first mated but now he felt it all the time, every one of Erwin's emotions. Suddenly, Levi was irrationally happy. Knowing Erwin was relaxed made Levi very happy.
What an Omega thing to be happy about, Levi thought to himself. However, instead of trying to stamp down that feeling, Levi snuggled back up to Erwin and used the beating of his heart to go back to sleep.

***

Levi was still snuggled into Erwin's side when he woke up again, this time it was light outside. And Erwin was awake beside him; somehow Levi could tell that before he looked up to his face. Erwin smiled at him when their gazes met. He lent forwards and kissed Levi's forehead gently.
Levi's phone vibrated loudly on the bedside table. He cursed it for destroying the moment. And cursed it further when Kenny's name was on the screen.
What could he want this early in the morning?
Then Levi looked at the time, it was in fact almost midday.
Levi shook his head, ignoring the fact he never slept this late unless he was in his nest and opened his phone.

Bastard: I've got us a meeting.

That message shocked Levi. It was unusual for him to actually do anything in a timely manner; maybe he was a little worried about his nephew. Regardless however, Levi was thankful for it.

Levi: Good. When?

Levi didn't expect a quick reply but he got one in the time it took him to turn back over and cuddle into Erwin's side.

Bastard: Tomorrow evening.
Levi: Perfect. Send me the details.

"We've got a meeting." Levi said to Erwin.
"Great! Hopefully, we'll be able to get all this sorted soon then." Erwin smiled.
"Mmh." Levi hummed, "I want to go see Isabel before we go though, just in case there's a bit of heat around here afterwards."
Erwin nodded to that, "Want to go soon? Could pick up some tea afterwards."
Levi couldn't help smiling. Erwin knew exactly what to say all the time. Levi rolled on top of him and hide his face in his chest. He realised that that empty feeling had gone now, maybe because he wasn't laying by himself at night now.

***

They got ready slowly together, sharing plenty of soft touches and lingering kisses. And then made their way to the hospital to see Isabel. He wanted to speak to her, evening though she might not be able to hear him.
They wandered through the hospital. Levi could sense through their new bond that Erwin hated the hospital and he briefly wondered why, but didn't say anything because they reached Isabel's door. Levi caught a familiar scent coming from under the door. He stopped Erwin before they entered. "Will you stay out here, please? I want to speak with her by myself." Levi asked, quietly.
"Of course." Erwin smiled at him and scratched at the back of his head.