Epilogue

(Now for a cute little bow to finish this fic neatly. Honestly, I had great fun writing this! Thank you again to Joonies_mono for requesting this, I truly hope I did your idea justice! And again if you've got an idea you'd like me to write give me a message and we'll brainstorm.)

Farlan sat in his house, a glass of dark liquor in one hand and his phone in the other. He flipped it over idly in his hand. He'd just gotten back from visiting Isabel. It had been two years since she was injured and though she hadn't woken up, she'd started responding to Farlan when he spoke to her. But that wasn't the thing that was troubling him. He'd asked when he was there if the nurses had seen Levi lately and they said it had been a good three or four months since Levi had stopped appearing at the hospital. This had worried Farlan a little. Even though he hadn't spoken to Levi again since their last conversation in the hospital years before he still worried about his friend.
So, he was now contemplating contacting Levi. It had been a long time and nothing bad had come of any of this. Maybe Levi did sort everything out like he'd said he would.
He decided he'd just forget his ego for a moment and text Levi. He didn't know what to say because it had been such a long time. But he guessed he should just remain casual, the way they used to chat.

He hadn't expected the response to come as quick as it did, considering it was so late at night. Levi said he was glad he'd contacted him and asked if they could have a catch up. Farlan agreed and then Levi sent him the address of a tea room in a little village. Farlan was, he supposed, happy to be seeing Levi again. He missed his friendship. He did have a lot of questions for him, what happened after they left, how did they get away with it?
He guessed all would be clear soon.

***

Farlan pulled up outside the tea room. He recognised the village when he was driving through. Levi's mother lived just up the road from this village, he'd been there before when Levi brought him along to see his mother years ago. The shop was completely empty when he entered and the little blonde Omega behind the counter was cleaning up for the evening. She looked up when he entered. "Oh are you here to see Levi?" She asked him politely.
"Yeah, I am." Farlan replied.
"He told me to make you a drink and offer you a seat." She smiled.
"Thanks. I'll have a latte then, please." Farlan said after briefly looking at the menu above the girl.
"Righto." She said and then she lent into the little window which led into the kitchen in the back. "Ymir, tell the boss his meeting's here." She called.
"Will do, my darling Historia." A female voice called back.
Historia turned back to the machines and made Farlan his coffee. "Take a seat. He shouldn't be long." She smiled at him.

A brunette popped her head through the hole in the wall from the kitchen. "Says 'can he have a pot of tea waiting?'" Ymir said when she returned.
"Yep." Historia said cheerily. She made Levi his tea and placed it on the table with Farlan before going back to her cleaning duties. She exchanged quiet banter with the girl in the back.

The door from the kitchen then opened and Farlan looked up. He was turned away from him talking to Historia. "You can go once your done, I'll clear up afterwards." His voice hadn't changed in all this time but his tone was very soft.
"Thanks boss." Historia replied kindly. Levi then turned towards his old friend and Farlan almost choked on his coffee.
Levi sat in the booth across from Farlan and Farlan could then have a proper look at what he was holding. In a cloth that was tied behind Levi's back was a tiny baby. Farlan guessed it probably couldn't have been much older than a couple of months. Levi made no comment, he poured his tea and took a short sip. Then he looked at Farlan.
He looked healthier than Farlan had ever seen him before. His cheeks were ever so slightly rounded; his eyes bright and without the dark circles underneath; the fingers that lay natural under the baby weren't bony and thin anymore; even his hair looked shiny and silkier.