Chapter 1:

For this book, the future and the past are so interconnected I decided to add two ** around the scenes where it is in the past!

Please don't forget to like and comment, if you enjoy it. 

You never know how life is going to work. I don't know why I came. I put my face in my hands. Why did I come? I look into the window. The clouds look like a sea of white fluff. They don't look so dark up here. The sky is in a halo of light blue. The dark blue begins to set in. The sun's beams light up the sky. Is this where people come when they die? I'd like to hope so. Is this where... I close my eyes. Stop. Don't think about it. I sit back in my seat. I should do some work. I slide my laptop out of my backpack from under my seat. I turn it on and sign in. I don't want to work. I click on my saved files and look at the words. The words jumble together on the screen. This is pointless. I close the screen and look out of the window. If this is heaven... then it really is a beautiful place. I close my eyes and begin to think of my life.

I never really had to think about death. It wasn't in my proximity. Why would I think about when it was not going to happen to me? And in my naivety, my loved ones? At least... that's what I thought. I grew up in a small city, just enough people to sustain in it. I grew up around the same kids, same neighbor, same school and the same life. There was only one exception. My best friend... for as long as I could remember. So, kindergarten. We actually only became friends because he was in my proximity... we lived on the same block together. I remember the first words he said to me,

"Want to walk to the bus stop together?"

I agreed... and from then on, we continued to walk together everyday.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we are going to begin our descent into Los Angelo's in 15 minutes. Thank you for choosing Air Canada as your flyer. I hope you enjoy the ride," The captain says into the intercom. We're going to land into L.A, soon. Great.  The plane begins to shift in the air. I grab onto my seat. I hate flying. I look out onto my window and watch as we begin to descend into the clouds. The clouds are just mist. I remember when we used to lie down in the grass and watch the clouds. We watched how they moved and change, never being quite the same. He always said they looked like white fluffy pillows that we could bounce on, if we just got high enough. We just had to build a big enough latter to get to them.  The mist is a deep gray haze, I could get lost in. I think the storm followed me... is that even possible? Maybe the earth is sad to? Unlikely.
I put off packing till this morning. Why did I put off a weeks worth of packing... till this morning? Honestly. The truth is, I don't know how long I will be here. How do you pack for a trip when you don't know how long you're going to be somewhere? I seriously don't fucking know. I can't even afford to buy new clothes. Laundry Matt, for 500$? I close my eyes again. I don't want this plane to land. I want to go home. I look out the window again, the city appears. It's just a concrete, hot jungle. Why couldn't he come home? You know why. Stop being so selfish. The plane begins to drop even more. I grab my stomach and hold it. I said I was never going to comeback to this god forsaken city. I deeply inhale the air. Ew, it's just nothing but stranger's hot breath.  We're close. We're closer to him. I slide my phone out of my pocket. I turn it on and nothing at all, of course. I wonder if Rod will text me? Why would he? For someone who is my supposed boyfriend... we really couldn't sustain a relationship far apart. A fact. But a sad fact.

"Why do you have to go?" He argued with me, for the 10th time.

"You know why I have to go." I yelled back, as I threw my socks in my suitcase.

"I just don't see the point..." My glare ripped through his soul, "Babe... it can't be that bad. Right?"

He always jealous of him, "He called my mom... I think it is." I don't remember how many times I explained this to him.