Season 1 - Chapter I

Once again, this story contains spoilers of the Shadowhunters TV series. Enjoy!

Chapter I

The cast had just finished shooting episode 8 and it was an exhausting day, therefore everyone, but Matthew Daddario, went home. Matt went straight to his trailer after wrapping up his last scene of the day and had been in there since then. He was reading through the scripts for the upcoming episodes when, all of a sudden, Harry Shum Jr. knocked on the door.

- Matthew? Are you in there?
- Yes, come in! - Matt answered as he put down the scripts.
- What are you doing here? - Harry questioned after closing the door behind him.
- Oh I uh.. I was just reading through the scripts for the next few episodes. - said the tall, handsome man as he licked his lips - Have you read them?
- I actually haven't yet - Harry stated - but I know that we're going to have plenty of scenes together.
- Y-yes yes we uh.. we are! They're really great and we're going to uhm... do great. - said Matthew with a nervous tone and smile.
- Yes we will. Well I need to go because I told Shelby I'd stop at a restaurant on my way home and get us some food. Goodnight Matt.
- Night!

Harry smiled at Matthew and walked out of the trailer. The door was open long enough to let the cold air of the night inside.

- What's happening to me.. - Matt scratched his head in a worried manner and hit the table with his right fist.

Matt went home soon after Harry left and he couldn't stop thinking about the handsome Asian man the entire way. It was a long drive from set. Once he arrived, Daddario didn't think of what happened any more and went to bed. The cast had the weekend to rest and prepare to begin filming episode 9 on Monday.

The time was 7:20 in the morning when Matthew woke up and got ready to leave. The only thing occupying his mind during breakfast was Harry. Matt couldn't find a valid reason for this so he kept insisting it was because of all the scenes they had to shoot for the upcoming episodes, but deep down he knew that wasn't why.

A few days of filming have gone by and it is finally time for Matthew and Harry to shoot the scene in which Alec tells Magnus he's marrying Lydia. Episode 9 was a big one and Matt was eager to shoot this scene. Right before the shooting began, Harry went over to Matthew's trailer already as Magnus.

- Hey Matt, are you in there? We're all ready to start shooting that scene with the two of us in it.
- Oh yes, I'll be right out. - Matt said as he stepped out of his trailer.

He saw Harry standing outside, waiting for him and couldn't help it: he stared Harry from head to toe and then did what he always does. He licked his lip.

- Sorry for keeping you waiting, I had some stuff to do so I came here. - he stated with a nervous look.
- It's okay, let's go.
~
Alec: I'm getting married.
Magnus: Woah! That's a tad sudden, isn't it? I mean we should at least go to dinner first.
Alec: No, Magnus, family is everything to me. You have to know that.
Magnus: I get it. You're part of a "don't ask, don't tell" culture. I'm fine with it. You're a traditional guy.
Alec: Yeah, I am. That's why I proposed to Lydia.
Magnus: That's... interesting.
Alec: It makes sense. It's a solid partnership. For both of us.
Magnus: "Solid partnership". That's hot! Well, okay, then. Congratulations. Marriage is a wonderful institution. Not that I would know. Goodbye, Alexander.
~
Those words hurt Matthew just as much as they did Alec, because he knew this meant he wouldn't get to shoot more scenes with Harry for now. But where's the reasoning behind all of these feelings? What was going on inside his head?

I will be posting 1 to 2 chapters a week. I hope you enjoy the story! 😊