Season 1 - Chapter II

Chapter II

After the rollercoaster that was episode 11, Matthew was excited, yet nervous and anxious for episode 12, "Malec". He had been trying to solve the puzzle that was his feelings for Harry. Matt considered him a good, close friend, but at the same time he desired more. It was clear that he was falling in love and the kissing scene between Magnus and Alec wasn't going to help. He was afraid that if people found out they'd be mad at him, make fun of him. And worse, he feared that Harry would stop being his friend.

Alec and Lydia's wedding was being shot that day and Matthew was on edge. He tried to calm himself down, but didn't succeed. Matt was standing on the altar, as Alec, in front of Lydia, when Magnus slams the door and walks in.
~
Lydia: Alec? Hey.
Alec: *breathing heavily* I... I can't breathe.
~
Alec wasn't the only one who couldn't breathe.
~
Lydia: I know. It's okay.
Alec: I can't do this. I thought we were doing the right thing, but... this isn't it.
~
Matthew kept thinking of Esther as he spoke these words.
~
Lydia: You don't have to explain.
Alec: Lydia, I'm sorry.
Lydia: Hey... you deserve to be happy. Okay? I'll be fine.
~
It was time. It was time for Matthew to turn around, face Harry and walk down the altar and kiss him. Matthew's heart was racing and he couldn't stop thinking about the puzzle that was his feelings for Harry and his girlfriend, Esther. He took a deep breath as he was preparing to walk towards Harry and relaxed. Matthew grabbed Harry and kissed him, "technically", but he couldn't stop. He felt a certain way he hadn't felt in a very long time. Matthew wanted more, he desired more, he craved for more and so he kept on kissing Harry even after it was supposed to be over. He pulled back, afraid he had done something terrible; his heart still racing.

Matthew had to get out of there, but he knew that if he left now they'd have to shoot the scene again and he was unsure as to wether or not he'd be able to make it. So he calmed down and finished the scene. Harry sticked with it and finished the scene as well. Once it was wrapped up, Matthew ran to his trailer and locked himself there, wondering what he had done. He was very upset at himself and also a bit ashamed of it. Matt tried to hold his tears, but he couldn't. He started crying in his trailer and fell to his knees.

A few moments after, Matthew heard someone knocking on the door. The tears made it hard for him to see, so he wiped them and stood up. He looked through the window and saw Emeraude. She knocked again. Matthew opened the door and Emeraude rushed in.

- What happened?! - Emeraude said with a concerned look on her face.
- I... I-I don't know, Em, okay?! I don't know. - Matthew collapses on the couch - I think I fucked up, but I don't even know what... I don't know what I'm doing, Em.
- Are... are you talking about Harry?

Matthew looked Emeraude in the eyes and started thinking to himself "I can't do this, I can't tell her. But I can't keep bottling things up... she's one of my best friends and she's always been there for me...".

- Yes. - Matthew stated as he let out a heavy sigh.
- I knew something was up... I could tell. - she said that with the biggest, most comforting smile on her face - You kissed him longer than what was on the script, didn't you?

Matthew nodded his head whilst still looking Emeraude in the eyes.

- I will be here for whatever it is that you need. Always.
- Thank you, Em. That means a lot to me, really. - Matthew said that as his big, gorgeous and majestic smile emerged - But I need you to promise me you won't tell anyone, specially not Harry.
- You have my word, big brother. - Emeraude bumped into Matthew with her shoulder, playing with the fact that they were both still wearing their character's outfit and had their runes on.

Emeraude could tell Matthew didn't feel comfortable and so, she didn't push him. She gave Matthew the biggest, sweetest hug and walked out of the trailer. Shortly after Emeraude left, Matt heard another knock at the door, it was Harry. Harry was still in his Magnus clothes and makeup. Matthew didn't know what to do because he was a mess, but, as soon as he saw him, he licked his gorgeous lips the way he always does. It was clear that Matthew wanted (or desired even) Harry. He opened the door for Harry and he rushed in.

- Matt what's wrong? Why did you leave like that? - Harry questioned the tall handsome man he had just kissed.
- I-I don't know, I was just uh... I had to. - Matthew said as he swallowed - You don't have to worry about it. - he smiled nervously.
- You know that if you ever need help I will be there for you, right?
- Yes, I do, and thank you for that, really.

You could feel the tension in the air. Matthew's heart was racing and he was hoping Harry wouldn't bring the kiss up, because if he did, he was in trouble.

- Matt, look, I don't know what happened in there, but you kissed me longer than what was on the script. Did the directors tell you to do that?

Matthew's heart felt like it was about to pop out of his chest. He froze and didn't know what to do or say, he simply looked down.

Here's another chapter. I hope you enjoy! 😊