Chapter Three

-----(^.^)----- Chapter Three ------(^.^)-----

During gym, all we did was run. To my dismay, Cris kept running with me. He was sweet and all but I was not comfortable with the mean stares I kept recieving.

"Cris, you can join them if you want," I said.

"Who?" he asked.

"You know, your admirers," I said. He laughed.

"Aren't you one?" he asked.

"Not like they are," I said.

"Well, I'd rather run with you," he said. I smiled.

"I'm fine, go run with them," I urged. He shook his head. I sighed and pushed him towards them.

"They really want you to," I said. He laughed.

"Fine, you just want to get rid of me," he said. I laughed nerviously. That's exactly what I wanted. I watched as he ran over to the girls and I turned back, this time running alone.

The rest of the day passed by rather quickly. I didn't really have any other classes with Cris. There were already rumors that he liked someone. There was another rumor that he's going out with someone. There's also one about him hooking up with someone and then getting caught by Julia and then they had a threesome. Yeah, I don't know if they were true. Honestly, they could be. I don't know him.

After school, I didn't bother in waiting for Evelyn. She always got a ride. She was embarrassed to ride with me. I drove to Hayden's school and picked him up. Like yesterday, he was with Thomas.

"Hey Thomas," I said. Thomas smiled at me.

"Is my brother here?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Not yet," I said. He nodded.

"Alright, bye," he said. I waved and drove home.

"Are you hungry Hayden?" I asked. He shook his head and ran up to his room. I sighed. I walked into the kitchen and there was my mom. She turned around and smiled warmly at me.

"Hello sweetheart," my mom said, hugging me. I hugged her back and then pulled back.

"Hi mom," I said.

"How was school?" she asked. I shrugged.

"It was okay," I said.

"Good, set the table. Your dad will be home soon," she said. I nodded and set the table for my dad. He had dinner a little after I went home from school. I don't know why he has it so early but he's used to it. My mom filled his plate and a few minutes later, my dad came into the kitchen.

"Hello Rebecca," my dad greeted, taking a seat. I smiled.

"Hi daddy. Have a good dinner, okay?" I said. He nodded and kissed my swiftly on the forehead before going up to my room. I had the best relationship with my parents. I was their good daughter. I did anything that I would please them and avoided doing things they didn't approve of. My sister was the rebel. She didn't care what my parents said. My parents gave up on her. She was always so stubborn.

I finished my homework quickly and then used to computer. I made sure I did all my homework and then took a shower and changed into my gray pajama pants and a pink Tshirt. I combed through my hair and again, looked into my reflection. I looked boring and the clothes I wore didn't help. I didn't dress to impress. I just dressed how I felt comfortable with. I feel like nothing is wrong with that. As long as I'm okay with it, I should be happy. Tears rolled down my cheek. I wish I still had a friend though. Truth be told, I'd be happier even if I had a friend like Julia. I wish Aiden would still talk to me like he used to. I wiped my tears and told myself I needed to be strong. Once I graduate, none of this drama would matter. It would all be in the past. I was getting an early admission into Sarah Lawrence. I was moving away from this place. Which I was kind of happy for. I worked hard all these years and moving away would be the final reward.

The doorbell rang. I got off the bed to go answer the door.