Chapter Four

-----(^.^)----- Chapter Four ------(^.^)-----

"Aiden?" was the first thing that comes out of my mouth when I answer my door. My eyebrows were furrowed and I'm pretty sure I looked pretty confused. And I had the right to be. Here's my old best friend who ditched me years ago and now appears randomly at my doorstep when it's dark out.

"Hey Becks," he said. He ran his fingers through his hair and smiles at me sheepishly.

"Come in," I said slowly. He nodded and went in. I closed the door and turned to him, wondering what it is he could've wanted.

"Can I tell you something?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Never knew I was even your friend," I said bitterly. He flinched a bit.

"Look, I know it was horrible of us, but it's just that... Well, I don't have an excuse, but you have to know I miss the old days," he said. He looked pretty sincere about it.

"Alright, what did you want to tell me?" I asked. He sighed and looked up the stairs.

"Can we be somewhere like your room?" he asked. I nodded and we went up to my room. I sat on the bed while he sat on the floor facing the wall. He looked kind of troubled, which worried me to death. Yeah, what he did was horrible, but he was my friend and I still care.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly. He turned to me, his eyes looking extremely sad.

"You can't tell anyone," he said. I nodded.

"Promise," I said.

"I just didn't have anyone else to tell, and you came into mind," he said. I nodded. He took a deep breath. "Julia's pregnant."

I didn't know how to react to that. Honestly, I was not that surprised. Julia is in a situation where it was highly possible that she could get pregnant. But I didn't know why Aiden was telling me all of this.

"And?" I asked.

"It's just that I don't know if it's my baby," he said. I sighed.

"Aiden, I thought you knew she cheated on you. I mean, you cheated on her," I pointed out, not to be rude, but it was true.

"I know, but when she told me, I had a picture of us being a family. And I have to admit, I smiled. I wanted that," he said. My eyes widened. That was kind of shocking.

"You want that baby to be yours?" I asked. He nodded, blushing slightly.

"Yeah, I think I can change for the baby. But it doesn't really matter because Julia wants to get rid of it," he said.

"Sorry," I said. That was all I could offer. There was nothing else I had to say. Maybe if this happened in the past, I would've been more helpful, but it's just that they abandoned me and I haven't been that close with them anymore.

"Thanks," he said. "And I'm sorry for treating you badly." I nodded. He got up and gave me a quick hug.

"Bye, I said as he left. He smiled slightly.

"Bye," he said and then he was gone.

Why is it that when they need me, they talk to me? Truthfully, I was tired of this crap of feeling weak. I was done. Officially.

-----(^.^)----- Vote.Comment.Fan. ------(^.^)-----