Chapter Two

And there he was. Just sitting next to me. The pain of my existence for the past 3 years.

‘Molly’ he smiled widely taking off his sunglasses. ‘You’ve not changed one bit. Thank god you go to my school. How weird is it that we got sat next to each other?’ he laughed. He was treating this as if nothing had happened.

‘well for one, this is my school you just got here, remember? And two well its actually not that weird that you got sat next to me since everyone else sat away from me out of choice. And finally - 3 what the fuck are you doing here bieber?’ I hissed.

‘wow maybe you have changed.’ he scoffed. ‘ Molly what happened, your like my best friend.’

I laughed. ‘ correction. I was your best friend. I mean who leaves to go to another country and doesn’t even say good bye to their best friend?’

‘molly, listen you gotta let me explai-’ he was pleading and I could see hurt in his eyes. The bell rang.

‘no Justin. Its fine. I’m a big girl and I got over it’ I grabbed my bag and started to walk out of the class but Mrs brown stopped me as I was leaving.

‘ah Molly, I see you’ve got off to a good start with Justin here. And oh! Look at that you two are in all of the same classes. Molly I expect you to keep Justin company and show him around okay?’

‘actual-’ she cut me off.

‘great, you two run along now’ she squeaked as she pushed me and Justin out of the door.

I turned round to glare at Justin who was smiling hopefully at me.

‘Let’s go’ I muttered.

‘wow, did they tell you all I was coming, or do the girls in this school not know who I am?’ he asked as he eyed up pretty much every girl we walked by.

I scoffed ‘nope, everyone still sees you as the Justin you used to be, no special treatment here’.

We sat down at my usual table in the lunch hall, the one in the far corner behind the vending machines where no one could see me.

‘so where are all your friends?’ he said trying to change the subject.

‘same place as her brains’ I said as I nodded towards Layla who was making her way over. ‘nowhere to be seen.’

I smiled as Justin laughed, maybe he hadn’t changed that much … ‘..woah wait is that Layla Gordons?’

‘yupp in all her bimbo glory’ I said as I got out my lunch. She came over and flashed a plastic smile at us.

‘hey Justin, remember me?’ she said as she bent over giving him a full view down her top. I rolled my eyes.

‘I sure do’ he said winking at him. Whoops spoke to soon, he’s a definite jerk.

She hit his shoulder playfully ‘well why are you sitting here? You should come sit with the people, not with the weirdo.’

‘Go die, Layla’ I sneered.

‘ooh that one hurt’ she said sarcastically. ‘no wonder you dress so shitty, you’ve got the chest of a 6 year old boy’ she laughed. I looked down at my feet and blushed. Basically everyone else in the hall started laughing too. Well everyone apart from Justin.

He stood up to face her. ‘Fuck off Layla, at least she can see her feet over her chest, how many boob jobs have you had? Jesus you should have spent some of that money fixing your face’ he spat at her.

I looked up and laughed. He may be a jerk, but he’s a funny jerk. In fact that took a lot of balls, maybe the jerk thing was a front. Hmm.

She tilted her head to the side as what he had just said sank in. She walked away looking wounded.

‘Thanks’ I said smiling up at him shyly.

‘Thanks for what?’ he said confused.

‘umm just saving me from the mother of all bitches, and probably just ruining your reputation here despite your all superstardom.’

‘what are you talking about? You’re my best friend, its what I do’ he smiled.

‘well we’re not there yet but you jus earned yourself some brownie points with me’ I laughed. ‘but your famous now, why do you still wanna hang around with me? Oh and why are you back here?’ I asked nervously as I rummaged around in my lunch bag.

‘well my mom thought all the fame was going to my head, and maybe it was, but you know the jerk thing is just a front. Sure the fans generate a lot of publicity, but the haters generate a hell of a lot more’ he laughed. ‘ and why wouldn’t I want to hang with you? Your like the coolest person I know. And Molly look I’m sorry about the whole leaving no goodbye situation. I couldn’t be seen to have relations with a girl, my fans would go ape shit.’ I laughed. ‘But no word of a lie I thought about you every day when I was on tour, like all the fun we would have if you were there. Like there was stuff I would laugh at and the whole crew would look at me as if I was an alien. They just didn’t get me like you did. Just please, I want things to go back the way they were?’

‘hmm I’ll think about it’ I smiled. ‘hey where’s your lunch?’ I asked curiously.

‘well you see I’m on this new diet to get like biceps the size of my head and I’m no-’ I cut him off as I stood up and slapped the back of his head.

‘oh! Bieber! if you want to get back to being best friends your gonna have to cut the Superstar shit, understood?’ I smiled over at him as he jokingly held his head as if I’d just shot him.

‘here … now don’t say I’m not good to you’ I slid half my sandwich over to him.

‘is this what I think it is?’ he said, huge grin starting to appear on his face.

‘well that depends what do you think it is?’ I laughed.

‘is this a peanut butter and jelly sandwich made with your mum’s homemade peanut butter and her secret recipe jelly? ‘ he was deadly serious.

‘ you know it’ I grinned.

He gasped then gave me the biggest hug while humming the peanut butter jelly song. I’d missed his hugs.

‘oh but I should inform you my mom told me like a year ago that three isn’t actually a se-’

He cut me off ‘ oh! Oh! Fraser! Are you trying to kill me?! I don’t want to know that kind of thing’ We laughed.

‘oh hey I got you something when I was on tour!’ he grinned and started rummaging around in his bag. ‘okay so think back to when we like 6 years old and Layla Gordons had just poured her grape juice all over my brand new shoes with the flashy lights’ I laughed, he looked as if he was in pain.

‘you never quite got over that did you?’ I said jokingly as I patted his shoulder.

‘shut up! They were awesome and the lights didn’t work after that! anyway! Back to the story’ he smiled. ‘so she ruined my shoes so you took the safety scissors and …’

‘I cut her hair’ I smiled as I realised. ‘well the bitch had it coming to her, your shoes were the bomb!’ I laughed. I gasped. ‘ and the she ripped my string friendship bracelet! The one that matched yours that you got me back from Italy!’ I said frowning as I remember how much of a cow she was.

‘finally!’ he smiled. ‘well I found mine when I was on tour, and then when we were on our way to the venue in Italy who do we pass? The old lady and her stall where I got it for you the first time! She was till selling them. So I bought it for you. I didn’t know if I would see you again soon but I had to get it.’

I smiled as he put it on my wrist and tied it for me.

‘Justin. that’s awesome. You know I’m starting to feel quite glad your back, I’m not quite at best friend stage again but your getting there.’ I smiled as I hugged him.