Chapter Nine

My heart stopped. My breathing got heavier and faster. I’d just got him back. And I needed him. I don’t think I could go through losing him for a second time.

‘w-what!’ I managed to shout out. I calmed myself down a little, ‘what the fuck do you mean your going back to Atlanta! You just fucking got here!’ tears were welling up in my eyes. I stepped closer to him and hugged him letting my crutches fall leaning my whole weight on him.

He laughed softly, ‘I’m not going back for good, just for a week’ he smiled as he held me steady while picking up my crutches and handing them back to me.

‘what?!, then what is all the smashing of the wood for?’ I said screwing up my face in confusion. God molly nice one. He already thinks you’re a hormonal mess. Wait he’s my best friend, we used to run around the garden under the sprinkler half clothed like 11 years ago. He’s your best friend. And NOTHING more.

He looked over at the mess he had made. ‘well I mean, you need me here with your leg and all, and I mean Layla’s gonna start all that crap about the party on you, and I really don’t think you could beat her up with your broken leg, and well what if .. What if that prick Donny comes near you?’ he smashed another piece of wood as he recalled the events of the party in his mind. ‘ it’s just, since I came back and remembered how much you meant to me, I don’t want to leave you again. Not even for a week, it’s like you attract drama and danger and I don’t want you to have to go through it alone again.’ he looked down, twirling the bat around and then sat down helping me down aswell. I just sat listening as he carried on. ‘But, I need to make an appearance at a red carpet event and do the last song for my album in the studio, I mean I’m staying here, there’s no doubt about that, but I can’t stop my career either.’ he shook his head trying to make a decision.

I smiled as I held his hand as we lay down on my grass looking at the stars and squeezed it reassuringly. ‘well then Bieber, I’m gonna make this easy for you. ‘I turned to look him straight in the eyes. ‘I’m coming with you’ I grinned. ‘well that is like if I’m allowed?’

He sat up straight with a hesitant smile on his face. ‘You’d really do that for me?’

‘Justin are you kidding? 1 - think of all the stuff you’ve done for me this week, 2- as you say you’re my best friend I’d do anything to see you smile and 3 - umm hello it’s a holiday to Atlanta for Christ sake, you think I’m gonna let you go without me? Uh -uh Bieber, your stuck with me from now , I’m not letting you away again’ I said grinning.

He picked me up and spun me round, careful not to hurt my leg. He stopped spinning me, and looked me straight in my eyes, still carrying me. ‘thank you so much! I’ll get the label to pay for it and everything’ he smiled as he carried me back into the house. ‘ oh my god I can’t thank you enough, this is gonna be so much fun, I mean it’s a 6 hour flight and usually I’d have to go alone, but I mean I’m bound to have a good time with my best friend with me! Your coming everywhere with me!’ he had been talking the entire way through the house and up to my bedroom, he put me on my bed and let me cuddle into him as I started to fall asleep again. I mean come on this was too much for half 3 in the morning. .

He kept on talking, ‘and your gonna love my house there, I mean my mom’s not gonna be there, so we can do what we want, oh god I sound like I’m like 10 years old, oooh! You can come to the studio with me .. ‘eventually his words became a blur as I fell asleep.

***

I groaned. Something was shaking my Bed and it woke me up. I yawned and stretched as I sat up and opened my eyes slightly to see Justin jumping up and down on my bed shouting ‘come on come on it’s almost time to go, we’re going on holiday!’ grinning like a little kid on Christmas morning. I collapsed back down onto my pillow. Suddenly what he was shouting set in.

I sat up like a shot. ‘wait did you just say the taxi is coming at 7 am?’

He didn’t stop jumping or smiling, ‘yeeah!’

‘and what time is it now?’

‘half six’

‘oh my god! I don’t even know where to start, I have half an hour to get ready AND pack for a week’s holiday?!’ I shouted as I tried to jump out of bed, forgetting about my broken leg and falling to the floor.

Justin jumped on my bed one last time but jumped down beside me and helped me up. ‘well I didn’t actually sleep, so I decided I would pack for you. But then I didn’t know what you would want to bring. So I decided to just take your whole closet and throw it into a suitcase. But then I couldn’t find a suitcase in your house that was big enough, so THEN I drove around until I found a shop that was open at 4 in the morning that sold suitcases and I got you 3 purple large suitcases and threw all your shit in there, but didn’t touch any of your underwear, that would be pervy’ he said screwing his face up. ‘and on the way back to yours from the suitcase shop I stopped off at mines and got all my shit, and then you STILL weren’t awake so I took the liberty of calling upon the knowledge I gained from reading those woman’s magazines when you got your cast on’ he said as he carried me to the bathroom, put toothpaste on my toothbrush and handed me it. Wow, this boy was like a machine. I was still half asleep. ‘ so I’ve picked out an outfit for you to wear, picked out shoes, and put all your girly make up crap into this matching purple make up bag’ he smiled proudly as he handed me my make up. ‘Now I’m gonna go get you a Starbucks because you look like you need a wake up, ooh I’ll pick up some food for the plane too!’ he was getting really excited about this trip. ‘all you need to do is pack up your underwear, get ready, slide your ass down the banister and wait for me at the bottom of the stairs by the suitcases’ he shouted as he ran down stairs and left the house. And then there was silence. Finally.

I hobbled my way back to my room and did my make up before getting dressed. Wow, he must have studied those magazines because this outfit was nice! He had picked out my plan grey hoodie, my light pink Abercrombie tee, my knee length dark blue joggies that matched the dark blue accents in the Abercrombie tee and my white converse. He had nailed the clashing colours, plus it wouldn't put any stress on my cast and it was comfy for the flight. I smiled as I hobbled back to the bathroom and put my hair up in a messy pony tail and slid my ass down the banister, just as Justin had asked. Right on cue Justin walked in through the door carrying two caramel crème frappuchinos, a box of 4 crispy kreme doughnuts, and a whole bag full of junk food. I smiled, ‘nice touch with the health breakfast’.

‘well I just got all of your favourite foods’ he grinned as he handed me the frappuchinos as he put all the crap in his bag. I smiled, he sure did know how to make mornings easier. I mean it was just before 7, this was the middle of the night to me. Yet here I was, laughing it up. Justin wheeled all of the cases out, still smiling, while I used my crutches to follow behind him. Just as we came out the taxi pulled up. I hopped over and climbed in while Justin helped the taxi driver with the bags. I took a sip from my frappe and handed Justin his as he climbed in beside, STILL smiling, man his cheeks must hurt. The taxi started of down my drive and drove to the airport. Suddenly Justin rolled the window down and put his upper body out of it.

‘We’re going to Atlanta Bitches!’ he screamed at the top of his voice.

I groaned as I slid down in my seat rubbing my eyes. I mean dude come on I only got up like 10 minutes ago.

Don’t get me wrong I loved Justin with all my heart, but how could he be so energetic at this time? I laughed to myself and he kept woohoo-ing as we pulled up at the airport.