Chapter Twenty-Three

I was woken up by a noise coming from the lift. I stood up like shot and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I had worked out that the engineer wasn’t due to come til 8 am. It was only 6 am. I screamed, waking Justin up.

‘aaargh we’re gonna die!’ I screamed pulling him up by his hoodie.

He was till half asleep, ‘what are you talking about!? And when did you get so strong?’ he rubbed his eyes.

‘Can’t you hear that clanking, I saw this in CSI the lift is gonna fall down the shaft and the-’ he cut me off by pulling me close to him and hugging me.

‘will you shut up! I can’t hear this ‘clanking’’ he laughed, letting me go and doing the little finger, inverted comma thing when he said clanking. I shut up for a minute as he listened.

We both looked at each other. ‘It sounds like someone’s like trying to break into the lift’ Justin said backing cautiously away from the door. I did the same.

‘But the engineer isn’t meant to come til at least 8 am’ I said quietly as I grabbed his hand and we pressed ourselves against the back wall of the lift, trying to get away from what ever was happening with the doors.

‘Well it’s not exactly gonna be a serial killer is it?!’ he hissed.

‘You never know!’ I hissed back.

The doors opened a little, like we’re talking a couple millimetres and we could hear someone breathing.

We both looked at each other, ‘Justin they shut off the lifts, no one has access to them!’

‘what do you want me to do?’ he whispered shrugging.

‘Go look through the gap!’ I hissed.

‘oh so it’s my eye that will get stabbed through the gap!?’ he hissed back.

‘what the hell are you talking about? You’re the guy, Man up Bieber!’ I pushed him towards the door.

‘So? You’re the one who said it was a killer, go prove your theory!’ he said pushing me a little closer to the door.

We carried on pushing each other and moving back until the doors shot open. We both screamed, still holding onto each other. I stopped screaming and realised it was Demi. But the lift was in between floors, so we could only see her head, which was pressed against the floor as she peered into the lift grinning.

‘Demi?!’ I shouted over Justin who was still screaming.

She started to speak but I couldn’t hear her over the banshee next to me so I punched Justin‘s arm, shutting him up.

‘Hey guys’ she grinned, still lying flat on the ground so she could see in, we must have been just about to come to a floor, but the lift must have stopped leaving us with a gap of about 25-30 inches. ‘how long you been in here?’ she laughed.

‘Oh just like 3 or 4 hours!’ Justin said sarcastically as he rubbed his arm where I had punched him.

‘ohh sorry, I only got up like half an hour ago’ she said apologetically. ‘and then I realised that you weren’t in the room, Molly, and I tried to call you, but you weren’t answering so then I was like Shit! What if she’s been like kidnapped or something. So THEN I tried to get the lift down to the lobby, but obviously it was broken, so I called down to reception, they explained that there were two people stuck in the lift and lets just say I had a feeling it was you two’ she laughed. ‘anyways, you guys’ she smiled as she put her hand at the lift and pointed at us both, ‘are lucky that I got stuck in a lift like 6 times when I was younger and I know how they get people out’ she smiled. ‘I got a crow bar from reception, they get you anything you ask for at this hotel!’ she giggled, ‘ and I've come to bust you guys out!'