Chapter 4

The adventure kids were gathered with Ben, Mal, Ben's parents, Fairy Godmother, Ari and her family for a private meeting. 

"I think we all know why we're here..." Adam began, speaking first. 

Everyone else just stood around in silence, especially the kids. 

"The people are in a panic about Hades" Adam said. "He almost got out"

"Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped?" Fairy Godmother added. 

"And I'll bet it won't be long until he tries again" Kristoff mentioned while standing besides Anna and Elsa. 

"We can't risk having another villain on the loose" Adam continued.

"I really feel like this is my fault" Mal sulked. "I'm supposed to protect Auradon" 

"You did!" Ari and the adventure kids told her. 

"You do protect Auradon" Ben added, taking his girlfriend's hands and putting them in his. 

"But even though you did this time, you nearly couldn't defeat him" Elsa explained to Mal, referring to her from being weakened by Hades ember in the battle. 

"Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger" Adam reminded the gang. "Maleficent, Uma, Hades" 

Ben then heard a vibration in his pocket and stepped away for a moment as he had gotten a text. 

Ben soon sighed as he turned back, telling everyone. "Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown have been stolen"

Some of the girls gasped out of shock and fear. 

"Uma!" Adam immediately suspected. 

"We don't know that, Dad" Ben told his father. 

"When the people hear this, they will never wanna leave their houses" Anna frowned in concern. "What do we tell them?" 

Everyone frowned in concern, then Belle turned to Mal, asking. "Mal? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?"

Everyone was all soon looking to Mal as it was silent for a few moments. 

"I think that there's only one way to guarantee their safety..." Mal finally spoke, a bit slowly. "And I think that there... can't be anymore going in and out" 

"I think that we have to close the barrier... forever" Mal concluded. 

The adults all seemed to agree, while Ari and the adventure kids all frowned. Ben looked very distraught, not liking this one bit. 

Mal talked with her boyfriend, saying how she didn't want to take away his dream. But as King and Queen, their primary duty was to protect Auradon. 

This was a tough decision, but Ben soon sighed knowing Mal was right... they had no other choice. 

"I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened" Mal soon said softly to Ben. 

The rest of the adventure kids all frowned, not liking Mal's choice but knew it was the only way. 

Ari however thought otherwise and soon left the room. Elsa and the rest of her family soon noticed Ari leaving and followed her out, into another empty room across the hall. 

"Ari? You okay?..." Elsa spoke to her niece first, noticing the fiery princess looking a bit frustrated as she was pacing and tiny sparks flew around her. 

Ari groaned in response as she looked up at her family. "I don't like this one bit! Why should closing the barrier forever be the only solution to the problem?" she asked in complaint.