Chapter 12

Later, while everyone else was recovering from the events, the adventure kids and vks had gathered in Audrey's room. Audrey was asleep in her bed, and the gang knew that she was in trouble. 

"She's slipping away" Evie realized. 

The rest of the gang frowned. Even though Audrey had been mean to them and nearly destroyed all of Auradon, they knew they could just sit here and let her perish. 

"Isn't there anything we can do to help her?" Ann asked worriedly. 

Mal had been thinking before finally figuring out a solution to save Audrey. "There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades" she spoke to the rest of the gang. 

"Hades? He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it" Ben said. 

"Actually, he might do it for me..." Mal replied, before telling her boyfriend. "He's my father"

Ben and everyone else who didn't know about this looked shocked. Cynthia even almost seemed to had lost it once she heard Mal say Hades was her dad. 

Ben then suggested. "Okay. Well, I'll have to send guards to get him"

"Maybe I can hitch a ride" Uma then said. 

The others all looked to the sea witch girl curiously. 

"The Isle is my home" Uma said to them. "Someone needs to be there to protect it"

"Well, then, you will need your first mate" Harry smirked, coming up to Uma's side. 

"The Isle will be in very good hands" Mal smiled to Uma. 

"Can I go, too?" Celia soon spoke up. 

This made the rest of the gang look to Celia a little surprised, especially Ciara. 

"WHAT?!" The oldest Facilier sister's eyes widen in shock upon hearing this. 

Celia looked a bit sadly at her sister, telling her. "I wish I could be in both places. But..."

"Celia..." Ciara frowned, thinking her little sister wanted to leave instead of stay with her. 

"Same here" Freddie agreed with her sister. "I just... don't feel like I belong here. Besides, like Uma said, there's always going to be trouble on the Isle and someone needs to be there to maintain things"

Ciara frowned at her sisters, hanging her head. She was afraid to let her sisters go, but she also didn't want to leave her friends. Especially Carlos. 

Ciara soon sighed deeply, looking to her sisters sadly but supported their decision. "Okay..."

Ciara then realized how Freddie had always been like a second leader in their resistance and dubbed her its new leader, after having proven herself by helping Mal defeat Audrey and save their little sister. 

Mal soon stood up and looked at Uma. "I really think that Evie was right" she said softly. "And... I do think that we could've been friends" 

Uma gave a brief smile to Mal. The adventure kids also smiled, being proud how far those two had come. 

"And I'm really sorry that I lied to all of you guys" Mal then told the others. "You deserved so much better than that"

"You were just trying to do the right thing" Jay said. 

"Yeah" Carlos added. 

"It's okay, Mal" Ciara told her friend softly, putting her hand on the purple haired girl's shoulder.