Meeting Brit

Bryce and I split up as soon as we entered the building. The school was empty other than a few teachers and janitors, which gave me quizzical looks as I ran down the hallways.

I checked all the girls bathrooms, then her locker, then the locker room. Nothing. I knew for a fact she was still here, because I ran past her car in the parking lot. Just when I was about to give up it hit me. A memory came flooding back from when I first met Brit.

~~~~

This school was huge. I would be lucky if I could find my way out. I was too quiet to really ask anyone to show me around. I still felt that heart wrenching pain of losing my father a couple months ago.

My mom was so grief stricken that she forgot to register me. The administrators advised me to come tour the school and get used to my surroundings before the following day. I looked down at my map, then back at the hallways. I groaned in frustration.

"Hi there!" said a cheery voice.

I lowered my map to come face to face with a girl about my height. She had long orange hair and bright green eyes.

"Uhh, hi..." I said in a barley auditable voice.

"You new here?"

"Yeah."

"Well then let me be the first to extend a hard of welcome!" she said, extending her hand.

I looked at it quizzically before shaking it.

She smiled, "I'm Britney. I'm a sophomore here. I'm guessing you're a freshmen?"

"Yeah, I am actually..."

"Well, would you like me to show your around?" she asked.

"That'd be great, actually!"

"Fantastic!" She said holding her hands together. And with that we started to tour the school. She showed me where each of my classes are, where the gym and cafeteria was, where the library and auditorium and main office was. And about 30 minutes into the tour she looked at the clock on her phone then turned to me. "Do you like basketball?"

"I'm more of a soccer girl to tell you the truth." I said shyly.

"Holy chiz! Do you play?"

"Yeah, have been since 1st grade." I said proudly.

"Oh my gosh! I've been playing since 3rd grade!" She said excitedly, then she shook her head, "But I was just wondering if you like basketball,
because I sort of had plans to go watch the game."

"Oh... okay..." I said, turning around.

"No! I meant do you wana come with me?"

"Really?"

"Yeah! I have the absolute best seat in the house!"

"Okay!" I said excitably!

She smiled and I told me to follower her. We walked through the hallways all the way to the hallway where the gym and the locker-rooms were. I started to go to the door labled "Gym", when Britney grabbed my arm. "Nope, I got better seats for us!" She said pulling me through a different door. There was a flight of stairs the led up to a dusty room.

"This way." She said. I followed her out a door onto a railing. It was really loud and below me it was bright. When I looked down I nearly crapped myself. We were above the basketball court!

"Come on!" she urged. She was sitting on the middle of a long metal beam that ran from one side of the gym to the other. I crawled out and sat next to her.

"I found this place last year on accident. I love coming to watch the games, and the fact that my crush plays on the team is total a coincidence!"

~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!