The Bash

I threw on my jersey and headed towards the school parking lot. Some clubs were already setting up their booths, some were decorating the outside of the school with school color’s. There were going to be 23 booths at this year’s homecoming bash, and from what my paper say’s, were booth number 17.

I walked in the direction of my booth, seeing that half the girls were already there. Jasmine was unloading rotten tomatoes, Kimmi was organizing the pictures. Sandy was filling pie tin’s with whipped cream. Ashley and Jenna were working on a sign for our booth.

“What are we gonna call our booth?” I asked Ashley.

Ashley leaned back and put the cap on her marker, “Well, we need something that captures everyone’s attention. So we decided to call it… REVENGE OF THE STUDENTS!!!!!” She said in a spooky voice.

“How much are we going to charge?” I asked Jenna who was writing the prices on the corner of our sign. “We have more tomatoes then pies, so pies are two dollars and the rotten tomatoes are a dollar.”

I nodded my head in approval and went to go help Jasmine unload the last 5 crates of tomatoes. “Hey Jasmine, do you know what the booths are next to us?”

She lowered a crate behind the table and dusted off her hands. “The Basketball team have a booth to our left and another team has the booth next to us.”

“Which sport?” I asked.

“I don’t remember what Angela said. All I remember is it’s a sport and not a club.” She shrugged her shoulders.

I let it go, and continued to help her unload the rest. Clair and Liz showed up and helped decorate our booth with school colors.

“BASH WILL START IN 5 MINUTES!” Mrs. Clinger, our vice principal, yelled through a mega phone. We put the last of the touches on our booth and waited patiently. A whistle was blown and the bash flooded with students. I sat back as Jasmine and Kimmi explained our booth to a couple of students. I nearly choked when I saw some guy hand Jasmine twenty dollars to throw tomatoes at a picture of Mr. Brown, one of the geometry teachers. Jasmine walked over to me smiling and handed me the twenty dollar bill. I placed it in our makeshift register.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Jason. He was wearing his home jersey and had his hands shoved in his pockets. He had a huge smile, and his blonde hair gleamed in the sun. “Revenge of the students?” he asked.

“Yep, our booth lets students take their anger out on teachers here. You can throw tomatoes or pies.” I said proudly as I watched our booth be swarmed by eager students.

“What’s your money going to?” he asked.

“Keeping the girls soccer team alive.” I said sadly.

He gave me a warm smile. “Well, I think I could get a few customers for you. He disappeared for a second and came back with the boys soccer team. The difference between the boys and girls soccer team, other than gender, is its size in numbers. There were enough guys on that team to make 3 teams.

All of the boys lined up and waited with money in their hand. Jason walked up to me smiling. “A few?!” I asked in shock, a smile creeping on my face.

“Well, I guess it is a little bit more than a few.” Jason grinned.

 I gave him a small hug, “You have no idea how much this means to me Jason.”

“No problem.” He said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I heard someone clear their throat. We broke apart to see Bryce standing behind us. His arms were crossed and he was glaring at Jason. “

“Why aren’t you over there working at our booth?” Bryce asked Jason.

“I was just helping out Sum-“

“I don’t want to hear it. Now get your ass back to our booth before I bench you at our next game.” Bryce threatened.  Jason looked at me apologetically before walking away in defeat. As soon as he was out of site, I glared at Bryce. “Why are you so mean to him? He was trying to help.”

“I don’t care what he was doing. He wasn’t working at our booth like he signed up to do.” Bryce said.

“Well why don’t you go back to your booth? I defiantly don’t want you at mine.” I spat. His face pinched with hurt for a second, but shook it off and walked away. In all honesty, I did want him at my booth. I wanted him. I missed him so much it hurt. But I wasn’t going to let him treat my friends like shit. Was Jason really my friend though? I’ve only known him for a few days, but he’s been one of the nicest guys I met. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!