Chapter 48: You can't excuse someone hurting you just because you love them.

>>>
(DAY 683) It's been a few days since my last entry. Well, it's been a while since my last entry. Last time I wrote was 671 AZ, the morning of Glenn and Aiden's fight. After I finished that entry, I ran outside to see that the run people came back and some stuff had gone down, resulting in a fight. I ended up getting in the middle of it and delivering some speech to everyone about how our group wasn't trying to take over. A lot's happened since then. Deanna also gave Rick, Michonne, and Shane their jobs. They're all constables. She also told me I would be her assistant, so that's that.

Shortly after that ordeal, Deanna threw a party to welcome everyone and get the groups to mix. Shane ended up drunk soon after we got there so I ended up taking him home. We got in a fight and a lot of little stuff happened, like me finding out he had run into Daryl a few months ago and still didn't come back to the group. He also gave me this painting he made of me while he was off on his own, and he gave me back the shirt of his that I recently returned. He gave me that necklace, too, which I forgot I still had on. Carl eventually came in, and by the time I went to leave, he was lecturing us again. He said something to me that kinda threw me off. "The only reason you're so worried Shane's gonna take you back is because you know it's possible" or something. It's not true. That's irrelevant, though.

After that, I had another panic attack. Titus and I were talking about Woodbury and I just started freaking out. A few people came up to me to try and calm me down, and eventually Shane joined in, and he happened to be the only one able to get through to me. I think I said something about still being in love with the guy that ruined my life, and he at first thought it was about him, and I also told him I forgave him and I was done fighting over stupid stuff. Then I passed out, and next thing you know, Titus and I are on our way back to Woodbury.

He brought me to Woodbury because he wanted me to come to terms with the fact that I don't have to feel guilty for still loving Phillip. I don't know, it was just a lot of spiritual and self-realization shit. He took me back to Porterdale, too, and I guess he wanted me to realize how much I've changed so I can come to terms with my ability to take on responsibility. None of it mattered after we got back.

Apparently while we were gone, Rick and Pete got in a fight and Aiden and Noah died. We had a town meeting to choose what to do with Rick and right at the end, Pete showed up and killed Reg, so Rick killed him Pete's buried outside the walls, by the way. Then Daryl and Aaron came back with a man named Morgan who's apparently someone Rick met when he first woke up from his coma. I guess they ran into each other while we were at the prison, too. They had Morgan in an unofficial cell for a bit, but he's a good guy as far as we know, so he's joining us.

A run group that had gone out before we showed up just returned. There's Heath, Annie, and Scott. They just arrived in time to find chaos. Our group has kinda been taking over, and not too many people seem happy. It's the best for these people right now, though.

There's this quarry of walkers, too. Rick came across it and told us about it, and this guy named Carter kept saying we should build a wall around it to keep them in. Rick already came up with a plan to lead the hoard away. A good majority of the group is out doing that now, actually. I stayed home to avoid the danger, but the Dixons and Shane all went out so I'm kinda alone right now.

Nevermind. Maggie just walked in.

Signing out,
Cory Jenner
>>>