Trespassing

Annie was in the middle of debating whether or not they would need her tarot cards tonight when she heard Mads calling her name.

"Annie, Annistyn, where the hell are you?"

Mads didn't bother keeping her voice down, or the annoyance out of her tone, and Annie threw the cards onto her bed as she padded out to the hall.

"Shhh." She told Mads, blue eyes wide, "Sister Margaret's room is right below mine."

"Oh, please." Gin said casually, walking past Mads to level a haughty look at Annie, "We all know the woman snores loud enough to wake the dead. I could tap dance and she wouldn't even stir."

Mads snickered, but Annie only frowned, "There are other people here, you know. And doing something like...this could get me kicked out."

"Something like communing with the dead?" Gin wiggled her fingers at Annie as she stepped past her into the room, "I would want to get kicked out if I were in your place."

A small tendril of anger rose in Annie. No one seemed to bring it out quite like Ginniveive. Her hands fisted at her sides as she said quietly, "Not all of us were lucky enough to get adopted."

Mads approached and put one hand on her arm, "Hey, don't worry. We checked the rooms on the way. The only people here are the Sister Margaret downstairs and you. Everyone else is two floors down."

Her anger evaporated as soon as it had come, "I know, I just really need to be careful tonight. I don't want- I just don't want anyone finding you two here with me. I'm not really supposed to have company."

"We haven't forgotten," Mad's assured her as she led Annie into her own room, closing the door softly behind them. Mad's foul mood had all but evaporated once Annie had given her some tea. But that's how she had always been, quick to anger, and just as quick to let it go. 

Gin was already seated on the windowsill, legs crossed at the ankle, "How are we going to do this? I don't exactly do this type of thing often." She had already found the cards, twisting one in her hands as she spoke.

Mads snorted, "Oh yeah Gin, let the experts figure it out you rookie."

Gin shrugged one shoulder, brows raised, "What? I'm just saying if anyone knows what to do it's going to be her." She gestured at Annie with the card, "You are the one obsessed with this type of thing, right? The scary stuff?"

Annie sighed, "Gin, please, put my card down. It's the only set I have."

"Now that," Gin smirked, "is my specialty. But don't worry, I have my own."

She pulled out a deck of playing cards from her bag, the ends worn. Annie was surprised to see the familiar gilted cards. The same ebony and golden ones that Gin's darting fingers had plucked from a storefront years ago. It seemed Gin hadn't let go of everything in her past. 

"How much time do we have?" Mads asked, "Because I need to know if we need to schedule this for another night, or if you can drop the bullshit and be helpful for five minutes Gin. Or did you prefer being haunted?"

Gin rolled her eyes before slipping the cards back in her bag. She pushed herself off the wall to throw the tarot card back with the deck before walking to the open trunk. 

"What do we need?" 

Annie didn't hesitate, "The moonstone. Everything else is already downstairs."

Gin only looked pointedly at Mads, who glared at her before going through the trunk before she found the moonstone, showing the girls before closing the lid.