Chapter Two

A   L   I   C   E

"Damn it Alice, that reporter could've stumbled upon you! She was so fucking close." Zevander ranted while I was in front of my mirror, removing my make up

"Relax, Zev." I slowly looked at him and gave him a reassuring smile "I'm fine, I've prepared for this for a long time." I looked at my own reflection and heaved a heavy sigh. I knew how stressful it was to come out to the public with my real identity, but I had to do it rather than being caged up inside a continues lie forever. 

"The only thing that I liked about this night is your sexy figure curving at the ends of that red dress of yours. I'm starting to think that you're doing this on purpose to seduce me baby." he whispered the last word on my ear and I couldn't help but to cringe

  "I'm starting to think that you actually like me, but that would've be cringey." just by thinking about me and Zevander being together as lovers makes me shudder under that thought.

"Well maybe I do." he responded smoothly making me raise an eyebrow as I look at him through the mirror "I'm just kidding, I'm only here as your trainer in combat and to protect you from danger. But if you want to work things out.." he brushed his finger against my revealed shoulder. I hissed at his action and slapped his hand away with annoyance. 

He laughed at my visibly-irritated reaction "Fine I'll stop, but you're not that hard to like Alice, just being honest. Now I know why Art has been obsessed with you." he smirked playfully and I just want to punch him in the face with that attitude of his but he is still years older than me, and he mentioned Art's name as well.

"Speaking of the devil, I haven't heard anything from him over the past few months. You still haven't found him?" I tilted my head in curiosity and the mood of our conversation suddenly changed into something intense 

"No, we couldn't trace where he is. The only information we pried out of that damn hospital is that  he was moved to another asylum because they couldn't handle him, which is way too suspicious because we could've found him easier if that's the case." he clicked his tongue in frustration while tapping his fingers on the desk of my mirror "There aren't many asylums here in Korea, and if he flew to another country then we could've known it instantly."

"Right." I nodded  while thinking of more possibilities "But isn't that asylum owned by their bloodline as well? I mean, Dale is one of the stockholders there." I raised my eyebrows as a signal, thankfully he immediately got what I was saying

"So you're implying that they are hiding Art? But they aren't even in good terms." that made me think as well, but I shrugged that idea off 

"Who knows?" I stood up and excused myself to go to my room. I changed my clothes into pajamas and it made me relieved. I was uncomfortable moving around with that red tight dress.