Chapter Four

"So, did you got her?" he turned his swiveled chair to face the assassins he hired to capture Alice and based on their faces, he knew exactly what would their answer be. 

"She's too clever, she knew exactly what we're about to do and how we were tracing her. If only she didn't saw the truck that we—"

A loud gunshot was heard throughout the whole room and the other assassin's eyes widened as she saw how her husband died in front of her with just a single bullet.

"I told you to catch her, not kill her. This wouldn't have happened if the two of you obeyed me." the female assassin suddenly threw a dagger onto his direction and he managed to dodge it but it still slid through his cheek. Because of anger, he shot the pitiful assassin  with bullets consecutively until the gun was out of bullets. Blood were scattered throughout his office and a petite girl suddenly opened the door with eyes widened in shock.

"I told you to stop killing people! This might cause us a big trouble!" she shouted in panic. He threw the gun away and chuckled as he walked towards the younger's direction until he was in front of her standing boldly

"Stop worrying Irene, you know that I can dispose them in just a snap. They're worthless human beings who don't deserve to live in this timeline." he flashed a sinister grin and Irene couldn't held but be scared by him, but she didn't showed it and acted tough in front of him.

"I'm g-going back to work." she stuttered and quickly went to her workplace where a man was waiting for her. Her fear was replaced with a blissful attitude as she saw him even though he's just silently staring at nowhere, He seemed to have lost in contact with reality again.

"Heyy~" she cooed and knelt down to his level. At first he didn't noticed her presence but after a few calls, he looked at her and his eyes were suddenly blank 

"Were you thinking about me again?" she chuckled but it became awkward between them when he was just staring at her. She cleared her throat and sat in front of him "What's the matter?"

"I'm waiting for someone." he responded while staring blankly at the door. She played it cool and chuckled as she cupped both of the boy's cheeks

"Hey, I'm here baby." she was about to lean closer but all of a sudden, he pushed Irene away making her hiss in pain and glare at the boy "What the hell is your problem?!" she snapped

"It's not you who I'm waiting for, and I'm not your baby." he spat out in disgust and pointed at the door "Out. Leave me alone." he commanded but instead, she stood there still and a sinister smile formed on her innocent face