•02. In Flight Mode•

Instagram: author_jedidiah17

•••

A huge thank you to everyone who voted on the last chapter, but guys, let's make this place bubbly with comments!

Enjoy!

•••

|Chapter Two|

Sharon's POV:

"It's a Saturday. Why do you have to make noise? Don't you realise I need sleep?"

Letting out an unfeminine groan, I reached for the drawer in which I had placed my phone last night. I put off the alarm. The music stopped. A thought registered in my head.

No nightmares. Thanks, God.

I let out a breath laden with relief and pulled up my covers, trying to return into the state of oblivion, but my eyes seemed to be against it.

"Traitors," I murmured as I rubbed my eyes and dragged my body up into a sitting position, my head resting on a pillow propped against the headboard.

I unlocked my phone and as I scrolled through my apps, my eyes landed on the Bible app. Unwelcome tears blurred my vision as memories came to mind.

Dad reading the Bible to me and Shalom before bedtime. Dad teaching me to pray when I woke up and when I wanted to sleep. Dad insisting that my phone always had the Bible app.

One tear slid down my cheek. I swiped it off. "I miss you so much, Dad. If only... if you could just be here..."

A few tears later, I cleaned my face with the end of my nightshirt and clicked WhatsApp open. I didn't need to spend another morning crying, even if I wanted to.

New notifications flooded in, and my eyes caught the one I had been waiting for. My heart thudded its fear and disapproval, but I shook off the emotions. I needed to do this to gain my freedom and run away without trouble following me to wherever I would be going to.

No one with emotions could deal with Bisola.

I opened my chat with Bisola, and read the new messages she had sent.

Good gal.

Meat me @ ur school. 9am sharp.

If not that I feared Bisola, I would have laughed at her wrong spelling.

I knew she had chosen the school because it was a Saturday and no one would be there, except the security guards. But this was Bisola. Everyone knew her. I shivered. Meeting Bisola would be dangerous, but I had to do it.

Seeing as she was online, I typed a reply.

I'll be there.

I waited for her reply. The icon that indicated Bisola was typing was at the top of the screen.

U better be if u luv urself.

I scrolled down on my phone's screen to see the time at the top right corner.

8:27am.

I sprang up from my bed and made quick work of putting on some clothes. Thankfully, my clothes from last night lay on my chair. I only had to switch the black top for a blue t-shirt to avoid questions.

Thank God my hair is in braids, I thought, as I placed an Alice band on my head to push the braids back from my face, and then, pushed my phone into my back pocket.