Chapter 20: Yours Forever

Happy Reading :,)

Naina was clad in a red lehnga, her hair were pulled back in a bun. The gold jewellery made her look nothing short of a goddess. She was looking at herself in disbelief.

"Soch jijaji ka kya hoga?" Preeti joked.

"Naina! Naina! Baarat aa gayi!" Swati came running in the room.

Naina rushed to the window and saw Sameer sitting on a horse, her man on a white horse, shining with the radiance of happiness. Munna, Pandit, Mamaji, Nanu and Devang Bhaiya were all dancing in front of the ghodi on the beats of shehnai and dhol.

She waited for him to look up and when he did she waved ferociously for him to notice. He gave her his biggest smile and winked. She didn't blush but winked back instead.

"Oho!!" Preeti and Swati teased her but she didn't really care. She was the happiest person on the planet and would let that feeling take all over her.

Sameer and his family were welcomed one last time by all the Agarwals. This would be the last of all the functions.

The groom hit the toran and everyone cheered for Sameer when Bela came to pull his nose but he simply kept his head down for her to easily pull it.

"Bapa sitaram! Apna ladka ho gaya sasural walon ka." Mamaji exclaimed and everyone laughed.

They were all welcomed inside and shown their seats. Sameer obviously took the king size chair on the stage where Munna and Pandit were controlling themselves from jumping around.

Sameer's eyes were set on the entrance from where he was told that Naina would enter with her sisters and friends.

"Aa jaayengi bhabhi." Pandit told him.
"Aur Swati Bhabhi bhi."

He said while slapping Munna's head.

As if on a cue, Naina entered with her girls. All shaming the beauty of fairies of the heaven.

Naina took baby steps and sat next to Sameer. Their hearts were thumping with a mix of excitement and nervousness, one overpowering the other.

The garlands were brought and the two of them got up to exchange them.

"Kisi aur ko bhi varmala pehnane ka man kar raha ho toh usko bola dena chahiye, kyu Pandat?" Munna asked looking everywhere but at Swati.

"Haan! Haan! Bilkul. Bahar ek bandariya ghum rahi thi. Set rahegi tere liye bilkul." Pandit replied.

In between the remnant laughters Naina raised her arms and settled the garland on Sameer's neck. He did the same.

A round of claps and blessings began floating in the air.

Gradually, everyone assembled began giving their gifts to the couple and getting clicked with them. It was the engagement routine all over again.

The priest prepared the mandap and lit the holy fire. Sameer and Naina were made to sit in front of it.

Verses from sacred books were being recited and were tying the young couple into a bond beyond lives. They got up to circle the fire seven times. Sameer put the vermillion in Naina's hair partition filling it with the red colour.

"Kaha tha na." He whispered. "Haldi ke peele rang se shagun hua tha, aaj agla rang laal ho hi gaya."

He tied the mangalsutra around her neck. They were then tied in the gathbandhan with happiness and blessings radiating all around.

In between all of this four people had their eyes fixed on a pair of shoes, Sameer's joote that could cost him dearly today.

Preeti signalled Shefali, who understood and took her position next to Pandit.