Chapter Three

Its the first day of winter break.

I am sitting in my room writing in my diary. When saesha is not around my diary is my best friend. And no one except saesha knows about my diary.

"Come out, " Darian says slamming the bedroom door open.

" Mom and dad are calling you"

"Coming," I say, keeping my diary inside my drawer and locking the drawer. I hid my keys in my school bag, switching off the lights and exiting the room.

I walked down the hall to our living area.

"Yes, why did you call me ?" I ask.

"Come sit with us. Let's plan something for this winter break." Mom said.

" Yeah. Let's plan something. And you need to spend some time with family Amy. You're always sitting all alone on your desk and doing god knows what!?" Dad says, shrugging.

I walked inside the living room and sat on a couch.

"We already made some plans for today," dad says looking at me.

I guess everyone else except me, knows about today's plan.

"What is it?" I ask.

" We are going to a bonfire party, tonight!" Darian says with full excitement.

"It's going to be so much fun. All of dad's friends and their families are going to come. We can dance, eat, play!!! I can't wait!!" Darian says jumping with joy.

"Aah....sounds like a ...great plan" I said.

I was least interested about the bonfire. But if I showed less interest then dad will give me a huge lecture on how to be happy, and how teenagers Should be lively and all that. And to avoid all the lecture, I have to lie ~sweet lies.

"Great! So please all of you be ready on time." Dad says giving us all a stare.

His eyes glaring at me for a little longer.

He then exits the living room, followed by mom.

My parents have a hell a lot of expectations from me.

Not just academics but overall!

They want me to learn new things and be perfect at everything I do. But damn, I am the opposite. I can't do anything right.

I try though. But I'm too clumsy.

Since freshmen year dad has seen me change from a bubbly, straight forward, chatterbox to a quiet, mature, emotional girl.

Even I agree I have changed.

But I like who I am. I want to be with myself. I hate going out with a bunch of people and talk about nothing important.

But, I have to.

I have to talk to people, I have to be friendly with everyone. I just have to be the cool, outspoken girl when I am in public. At least that's what my mom asked me to do.

God knows what's going to happen in today's party.

I have two very good friends who will be there. Rey, my cousin brother. Rey and I have a great brother-sister bond and Nina dads friends daughter. She is a year younger to me. But she's a good company.

I just hope the party ends early. I don't want to interact with anyone much.

Besides, people, there are weird and crazy.

I was bought out of my thoughts when Arron hits me with a football.

"What the heck!!"

" Not my fault... you were daydreaming," he says taking the ball back.

I roll my eyes and walk back to my room.

I flop on the bed and stayed there till it was evening and time for us to leave.

I got up at around five in the evening. Cleaned my room, changed my clothes and made my hair.

I walked out of my room. And my family was ready. All of them gathered near the main door. It seemed like they were all waiting for me.

"Your here," dad says, trying to cheer me up.

I don't know why he thinks I'm depressed. Cause I am not depressed. I just like staying quiet.

"Let's leave," I say. Walking towards the main door.

Arron and Darian ran out and hopped into the car.

I slowly walked with my parents.

I sat in the car. Leaned against the window. And watched as we drove away from the city.

The path was quiet, clean and peaceful.