Three

Bowser was now extremely awake. The Star Spirits were powerful cosmic beings who watched over all of Earth's starry skies. They were the very source of Star Power -the lifeblood of the Mushroom World- and they granted the good wishes of everyone on Earth. As a Star Child, one of the seven children blessed with incredible power by the Star Spirits themselves, Bowser knew that interpreting their message was imperative.

"A message? What does it say? What do my dreams mean?" Bowser demanded.

"They appear... to be a warning, your Majesty. A glimpse of your future if you do not act." Kamek replied.

"Explain! I must understand!" Bowser implored.

Kamek once again moved his hands hypnotically around the ball. His brows knitted in thought.

"Let's see..." Kamek began. Bowser was on the edge of his seat, leaned in close to the old mage.

"...The Star Spirits are telling you to look around Sire, at all the successful kingdoms in the universe: the Mushroom Kingdom, Kongo Jungle, even beyond the stars to Dream Land. What do they have in common? Allies! Every mighty ruler has good friends they can rely on, but you yet refuse and insist on working alone. If you wish to succeed in any pursuits in the future, stop being so stubborn and get some friends to help you! If you don't, you shall end up sinking into a dark pit of your own lonely defeat, just like your nightmares..."

This was exactly what Bowser thought his nightmares meant: he was too weak to do things on his own.

"Now, I know this sounds a bit harsh, Sire-"

Bowser slammed his fist onto the table. "How DARE the Star Spirits mock me in this way! Am I not one of their chosen Seven? If I'm so weak then why did they choose me?!" Bowser bellowed.

Kamek put his hands on his hips. "They are not calling you weak! How preposterous! They are calling you stupid." 

"Like that's any better!"

"It sure is! It means they know you have the ability to change! And quite frankly, they make a good point."

"That I'm stupid?" Bowser jabbed.

"That friends will help you greatly! They are saying that you need help not because you are weak, but because doing things with help makes them a lot easier! So why do you refuse to make allies?"

"I have allies! Like, uh...you. And my army. Oh! King Boo is allied with me." Bowser said with a smug grin.

"I won't be around forever, your soldiers don't have a choice, and King Boo hates you, your Highness."

"It was only a few thousand troops! Man, that guy is sensitive!"

Kamek sighed, he placed a hand on Bowser's arm. "Bowser, you need help, real help. People who are able-bodied, and able to assist you at a moment's notice. It will make everything easier, and with it, your next campaign!"

Bowser looked down in frustration. Could he really put his pride aside for this? Could his bedroom really take anymore night torches? Probably not. But he supposed he should try. After all, he had nothing to lose.

"...Sire?" Kamek peeped.

Bowser looked up for a moment, then grumbled. "...All right, Kamek."

The old mage perked up like a daisy. "Excellent, Sire! You won't regret this!"

"But...who would we recruit?" Bowser inquired as they left Kamek's room. "Most of my clan has enlisted in the army!"

Kamek thought for a moment. "I think we should find someone who thinks like you, who shares your experiences in life, so... let's visit the orphanage, shall we?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey, Chia here. I'm so sorry this part took forever to post, a lot of stuff has been happening artwise with me recently. But on the bright side, Kamek just straight called out Bowser! Tell me what you think so far, and thanks for all the reads and faves!
                                              ChiaKnight_64