11: I get six hundred dollars a week for my allowance

September flew by in a flash, and we were actually almost finished with October. My parents had went back to work traveling.

Every morning Jack would come over, offering to give me a ride, but him and my sister would end up making out. I can't deal with that, so I'd end up walking to school, meeting up with Colton halfway every morning.

After school one of the band members gave me a ride home for band practice, usually Jack or Andrea, and on Wednesday's we would eat out at Betty's Burgers before practice.

No one seemed to comment on the fact that Selena went back to singing like a rag doll, although Elijah amd Andrea glared at Selena everytime she bragged about her "incredible" singing skills.

It was Thursday night and Jack had just informed the band that Six Below Zero would be one of the bands playing at Roseville Halloween Party hosted by Mayor Sanderson.

"Yeah, he's paying us six hundred dollars for the gig." Jack told us.

"So that's like what, a hundred dollars for each of us?" Danny asked.

"Yeah, I think so," Jack replied nodding his head.

"There is seven of us," Elijah replied pointing to me.

"She doesn't really do much." Danny pointed out.

I felt my jaw drop, and I glared at him. What a jerk! I came up for the name of the band. I'm letting them use my equipment. I sang for Selena (granted only Selena and Elijah knew that). And over top all of that I am the only songwriter here.

It was dead silent for a moment, before I spoke.

"No its okay. He's right. I don't do anything for this band." I said plastering a smile across my face, and turning to walk upstairs. I spun back around and added, "and I get six hundred dollars a week for my allowance."

This was so stupid. Danny was right, a roadie wasn't really a band member or anything. I was just the set up and clean up crew. And actually it was kinda pathetic that there was only one roadie, like I was just given the spot out of sympathy.

And then I remembered, I did get the spot out of sympathy.

I walked into my room and slammed the door shut. I grabbed my song writing journal out of it's new hiding spot and sat on my bed singing whatever came to my head and jotting it down on an unfinished song.

I could feel the anger dissipate as I got more and more caught up in the song, which was sounding pretty good.

"I hate
Hate that he's yours

I hate
Hate that your his

It should be me instead

In his arms
His lips on mine
Dancing all night long

Laying under
A blanket of stars
Talking about how
The world is ours

But he's so in love with you
And there's really nothing I can do

I can't fit in
Just benched on the sides

Always looked over
And pushed down

You'll always be better than me
No matter how hard I try
And everytime I see the two of you together
It makes me wanna cry

And I can't help to feel the way I do
Even though I know he's in love with you

I just wanna break you two apart
And show him that I'm the one he is ment to be with