Chapter 2

I made several stops along the way to Miami taking breaks and making money along the way. I kept in touch with Dom and Letty and sometimes Vince. I still missed Jesse but I was definitely doing better than I was months ago. It was around the middle of 2002 when I made it there I immediately made some friends in Tej Parker who owned a garage and organized street races and Suki a racer and an excellent artist of custom paint jobs. I knew if I was going to make a name for myself in the racing scene here I need something better than the Jetta but I wanted to keep the Jetta for Jesse. The very first race I ran in Miami was against a '99 Mitsubishi GTO and it was for pink slips I won the race and began working on it in Tej's garage. I had met a women named Monica Fuentes who worked with Carter Verone an Argentinian Drug Lord. If I was short on cash I would make a run or two for him to make some quick cash. A few months after I had been in Miami Brian showed up he was staying in one of the other house boats behind Tej's we ran into each other at a race one night it was the first race I was running the 93 Supra I had traded my Mitsubishi for. I walked up to him and I said " hey buster" he said "hey Reyna I haven't seen you since you left LA" I said  " I hit the road and never looked back" he said " I understand do you think we can talk later" I said " after we get done racing we can go get something to eat" I ran a few more races and then I left and to go eat and talk to Brian. We sat down and he said "how have you been since losing Jesse?" I said "I've been okay I blamed you for a while but I've come to the conclusion that as badly as Johnny wanted us all dead we are lucky we didn't all end up in a body bag" he said "your probably right but I'm still sorry you had to go through that" I said " how is life on the run treating you?" He said "it's different but it's fine how are Mia, Dom, and Letty?" I said " everyone is good they are in the Dominican" we talked for a while longer then we left. The following week our race got busted up by the cops and they caught Brian I heard him pull in really late that night I walked over and said " well you got out fast" he said "apparently I'm not a good runner after all my old boss found me" I said that still doesn't tell me how you got out" he said "he released me if I would work for him and help him arrest Carter Verone and he'd clear my record" I said "seriously I've been working for Verone for months I wish they caught me instead I need a clean record" he said "first off what do you mean you work for Verone and second I told him I wanted a partner" I said " oh don't freak out I'll do a drug run here and there for extra cash and yes I'll be your partner" he said " you will not be my partner I won't put you in danger like that" I said " fine but who will you call?" He said " I'm leaving tonight to go get Roman" I said " Roman Pearce he hates you he thinks you snitched on him" he said " well I can't very well call Dom since he is a wanted man in the US I know Roman thinks I snitched on him but I didn't" I said "let me come I was t to see him knock your ass it will be pretty funny" So I headed to pack an over night bag and headed to the airport with Brian. I was right Brian and Roman did fight but Roman did ended up taking the offer and came back with us to Miami. i had talked to Brian's Boss and the customs agent on the case and they agreed to let me in on the clear record if i could provide any more evidence against Verone so anytime I did a run I'd provide them when and where I would drop off and what I was carrying. I also found out Monica was an undercover FBI agent and had been under for a while I almost wondered if she had turned on the FBI as close her and Verone seemed at times. The cops rigged up Brian and Roman's cars pretty good and nearly blew there covers their first day they brought the cars back to Tej's and we couldn't even figure out how to disable the trackers so the only option was to race for cars to get alternates. Monica invited me out to the club the same night Verone would be giving Brian and Roman there jobs I wore a wire in case I was able to hear anything but Verone had a private room in the back so it was useless. Brian Roman and I stayed out for a while when I bumped into them I acted like I had only met them a few days ago when they brought their cars to the garage because I knew Verone and his goones would be watching. We ended up leaving that club and going somewhere more our taste Brian cut out early but Roman and I stayed out a while longer and we ended up hooking up that night.