Chapter 5 - Seeing Him

My eyes fluttered open only to be bombarded by a bright white light. As my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness that had filled my vision, I heard a constant beeping sound replaying itself over and over, I sat up to view my unfamiliar surroundings to only realize that I was in a hospital room. I scrunched my face in response to the feeling of confusion that had overwhelmed me. 

The questions began to flood my mind - Where? Who? How? What?

Then suddenly last night's events came rushing back into my memory, as the once constant beeping sound was ringing at a much faster tempo, my breathing rapidly increased, the palms of my hands began to sweat.

"I have to get out of here," I told myself.

"I have to get out of here!" I shouted at myself breathlessly.

I began to get myself off of the bed only to have two strong hands pin me down again.

I looked up to see the same alluring grey eyes as those involved in last night's events. A look of concern was evident on his handsome and well-contoured face.

"It's not safe for you to leave yet," he said in a firm and authoritative tone.

"But...but I have to" I stuttered feeling nervous under his gaze.

"Why?" he asked looking at me almost as if he was asking me to challenge him and his orders.

"Because ... my mom ... she doesn't know where I am" I replied anxiously

"And I forgot to take my medication" I added in a panic feeling my heart begin to race.

"What medication?" he asked curiosity laced within his voice.

"I have to go" I stuttered.

"You will answer the question" he demanded loudly starring at me with a serious.

'damn he even looked hot when he was angry' my mind wondered, I shook my head in shock and anger about what my mind had come up with after meeting a stranger for less than a day.

After a long pause "Where are they?" he said.

"they're in my bag" I replied nervously as I bit my lip.

He turned away from me and bent over so he was looking under the hospital bed. He pulled out my black purse and places it on the chair that he was originally seated on. He unzipped it and pulled out a small white container, he placed it in front of me asking.

"this it?" I nodded in response a look of satisfaction was imminent on his irresistible features. 'IRRESISTIBLE ELLIE GET A GRIP' I mentally shout at myself. Then, I notice his sky grey eyes becoming glossed over.

"What are you doing?" I asked

"I mind linking the pack doctor"

I looked at him confused " what is mind linking?"

He stared at me with a look of shock, he almost looked taken aback by my response. "you being serious?" he asked and I nodded in response. He looked puzzled, and almost held an expression that conveyed he was trying to work me out like I was a mystery of some sort.

"And that is more of a reason to get these tested," he said while shaking the bottle of pills in his hands.

"The pain" I stated.

"The pain?" he asked as his brows knit together.

"The pain it isn't gonna happen again is it?" I asked in worry

"no not again" he stated firmly.

Just as he finished saying that a short petite woman burst through the door, she had short blond hair and possessed emerald green eyes.

"You called me alpha," she said as she bowed her head.

"Yes" the mysterious man replied "take these to the lab to get them tested Dr as soon as you find what is in them I want you to report back to me immediately," he said in seriousness.

"Yes, Alpha Christian" 'SO THAT'S HIS NAME' my mind thought.

She said as she took the bottle from his hand, and proceeded to exit the room, but not without giving me a glance and a small smile. Once she left, Christian walked towards the edge of my bed, only to bring his hand up to stroke the edge of my cheek. I opened my mouth to ask what he was doing, but nothing came out, as his hand was causing electric shockwaves to be sent through my body. After a few moments, he brought his head down beside my ear and uttered the words "I will keep you safe." For a man, I met yesterday those words would have usually left me tense but for some reason, I was unusually relaxed in response to his words.

"I have so many questions... Why was I a wolf... Why was I in so much pain" I confessed honestly

"And I will answer them as soon as I receive the results back," he said reassuringly

"Now tell me, what is your name?" he continued

"Ellie," I said quietly in response

"Ellie... Ellie... I like it" He concluded to himself while grinning slightly, as he pulled a strand of my hair behind my ear, while his eyes were glued me. My face began to heat up under his intense stare.

Just as if the heavens saw my cry for help the girl or Doctor from before walked into the room. Saving me from becoming any more of a tomato than I already was.

"I have the results," she said.

"What are they?" Christian asked.

"Just as you said alpha traces of the inhibitor were found" she responded

"What does that mean," I asked nervously facing Christian

"That my darling means someone was trying to hide you from us ..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

HOPE YOU ENJOYED, I was able to squeeze in writing a chapter despite my last A/N. Again apologies for the late update I do try my best, and it does take me a while to update because I value quality not quantity. If you did enjoy please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS.

love you all,

Ella