Chapter 16- Alex

My legs felt numb to the pain that I was feeling, my breathing was ragged and irregular, as my heart was beating out of my chest, sweat rolled down my forehead and my face was bright red due to the blood gushing through my veins.

"And that is the warm-up complete" Christian said turning around looking like he wasn't even tired.

"THAT WAS THE WARM-UP," I say breathlessly.

"It was just a ten-kilometer run," he says shrugging off the fact that I'm slowly dying in the corner.

"JUST A 10 KILOMETRE RUN ?! AND THAT WAS THE WARM-UP?!" I say as I faceplate into the grass beneath me.

"yes, now you're going to learn how to fight," he says as he pulls me up, I couldn't help but notice the electric sparks that erupted through my forearm in reaction to his touch.

I pulled myself up In shock shaking his hand off of my arm. I looked up to see a look of hurt being emitted from his stormy grey eyes for a moment before he quickly covered it up with giving me a cold glare.

"Training is over," he said quickly walking off in the other direction, I looked at him confused.

"Hey Ellie" I heard a voice say behind me, I looked over my shoulder to see that it was Alex making his way towards me.

"So your first training session is over let's go to the packhouse everyone is having lunch," he tells me with a smile on his face, I nodded as I followed him to the packhouse.

"So I don't know much about you tell me about yourself," he said after a few moments of walking in silence.

"there's not much to know," I say shrugging.

"What do you like to do in your spare time?" he asks looking at me with curious eyes.

"well ... I like to read" I tell him.

"You're a bookworm," he says looking over at me grinning.

"haha, you caught me," I say putting my hands up in fake surrender. He just laughs in response.

"Well we do have a library in the packhouse I can take you there after lunch with Elliot and Gemini if you like, I will make no promises about Elliot actually reading though he hates books" he explains while rolling his eyes. I gasp in offence at what was just said to me.

"HOW CAN SOMEONE SAY THAT?!?" I say in shock.

"it's beyond me," he says while shrugging. Surprisingly during this conversation, I felt as though I could talk to Alex with no interruptions, it felt good to make another friend.

"Now let's go have food," he tells me as we walk into the dining room. 

---------------------------------------------------

Dear readers,

Thanks everyone for reading ! I really appreciate it x please leave a vote if you enjoyed and comment your thoughts :). Love you all.

Ella