Ch. 1: Life's alright

Hi my name is Bear Erikson Fierrochase. My parents are dead. They have been for about 18 years... thing is, I'm 13. But, then again my grandparents are gods so... The Norse kind by the way.

Somehow they had me, godly magic I guess... But seeing as how I wasn't dead, I couldn't live in Valhalla with them... So I'm being raised by Blitz and Hearth, they raised my, all the time father since he was around 14. Up until his psycho uncle got him killed...

They're kinda like my second parents. My most of the time mother, was raised by his dad and stepmom.
Although, does getting beaten, verbally abused and thrown out of the house as a minor really count as raising a kid?

My mom is genderfluid and transgender so, I sometimes have three dads and sometimes I have four. But, I always have supportive people who love me, for me. That's all you can really ask for though right?

I live in Midgard, (not too much of a shocker there) the world of mortals, my parents live in Valhalla, which is in Asgard, the world of the Aseir. Obviously I don't get to see them as much as normal kids get to see their parents, but at least it's more than normal kids see their dead parents. Gosh, that was such a corny joke...

It's great though, every year on my birthday I get to go visit my parents (the dead ones) in Valhalla and we spend the day together (sometimes in or sometimes out of Valhalla).

Blitzstone homeschool me so unfortunately I'm not free from school. If anything it's worse, because I also have to learn about all nine of the worlds. It's kinda cool when Blitz and Hearth take me on field trips but that's about it.

Dad's cousin, Annabeth teaches me about her gods too, but usually I'll just glow until she's so calm she forgets about the lesson, like, literally glow.

Although it only works for about five minutes... (Just the right amount of time to sneak away with her husband Percy with blue cookies in hand). We can never hide for too long, somehow she's always able to sniff us out, then it's back to the park for either a lesson or training.

I get the power from my dad. I can also heal people if I focus hard enough. But unlike Dad, and his glow I can't heal myself. I tried it when I sprained my ankle during training when I was 8, all it did was stop Blitz from hyperventilating and fainting.

I can also turn into different animals. Yes, I've inherited powers from both my parents (pretty fucking cool ones if I do say so myself).

I like to call them "bio-passes". Because they're like biological tickets onto the weird nine world train of my life. But honestly, I don't think I'd want it any other way.

But it is kind of inconvenient when Thor drops by because Otis missed my company. Otis is his talking goat who is constantly killed for meals, and pulls Thor's chariot. He's also extremely insecure. I listen to him whenever he's over, so he says I remind him of his therapist. But sometimes I'll just hold him and sing him to sleep.

I think everyone just needs a day, where someone holds them and sings to them. He said his therapist recommends him to see me whenever he can so... Otis is a pretty good friend too, he'll listen to my worry's and concerns from time to time. Give me advice on people or revise some of my music.

Oh yeah! I'm super into music. I write and post covers on my YouTube channel. It's called "BearlyStarted". Stupid pun I know, but in my defense I made it when I was five. I do have a pretty large subscriber count of 5M. Pretty fast for 8 years I think.

But "the Cubs" (I know more dumb puns but, the fans seem to like it) are so chill, they don't really bombard me with pictures and questions. They respect my privacy, and I love that about them.

I don't have very many friends, but the ones I do have are the absolute best. But then there's also this guy... Keith. He's really really kind, and sweet. But that's not the best part! He's not straight! That tends to be the part that has stopped me from getting people in the past. Besides the whole 'my life puts your life in danger' thing.

But then again I'm only thirteen, but even as a legacy, you never know what day will be your last in Midgard. Ha! Suck it normies, I get two shots at it! It's awesome, because my parents are my parents. As long as I don't go evil, I have a spot in Valhalla guaranteed.

Today was pretty normal I got up and ate. Had math, health, then mythological class today. Then training... Even though incredibly sore and tired, I did a cover I'd been working on for a while and posted it.

The editing and stuff on that was a bitch. But I learned my vocal range is epic. I didn't even know I could hit those notes.

After posting I decided to go to McDonald's. "Blitz! I'm gonna go to Micky D's! You or Hearth want anything?"

Blitz walked out of his room sharply dressed, with his chainmail best on as per usual. He looked fairly tired, but not too bad. Some large fries for H-E-A-R-T-H and I.

Oh my gods he just signed it... That poor tired boi. "So tired you can't even move your mouth huh? You need to go back to bed, if Hearth saw you like this you'd never hear the end of it!"

"Okay, but I want McDonald's first." He tried to quip with a smug face.

I grimaced, "Can't even use wit, gods you're so tired, I'll wake you up when I come back."

He sniffed and with that he promptly turned around and went back to bed. Blitzen had been up late trying to finish his new line of clothes for the shop. He called it, "Magic"... Hearth disagreed.

But anyway after ordering and getting back home I put Blitz and Hearth's food on their bedside table and went to my room. I decided to let Blitz sleep a little longer, the fry smell would wake him up eventually.

I plopped down onto my bed and ate my well deserved fast food. "Money well spent I'd say..."

Then I went into a food coma because yes, I ordered that much food from McDonald's.
~🐻 🐍+☀️

Can you figure out the signing?

A/n
Okay so I'll be having a chat with you almost all the time after every chapter. But for here I wanted to say that I appreciate you coming to read this story as it is my first one. Any feedback is appreciated. Also I know there wasn't really any dialogue here but here's a meme for your trouble.

 Also I know there wasn't really any dialogue here but here's a meme for your trouble

Have a lovely day😘