point one.

I stared at the dark bruises constructed into the shapes of fingers.

I could imagine his face as his grip tightened to the point where my skin turned pink with irritation, and my knees went weak.

It reminded me of Grayson, in the way it resembled playing the piano.

As if my delicate skin were the keys, and my gasps of pain were the melody.

I could imagine the veins bursting and bruises being created within the seconds it took him to wrench his hands into my flesh.

I could see shapes of a shadowy abyss dance like ballerinas in my vision.

I had examined everything during those excruciatingly long moments where I was being held.

But I had refused to look at his face.

To see the expression of someone who harmed another being purposefully.

I wouldn't look, because I was afraid to find an answer to my underlying question.

Is this what I deserved?

••

author's note:

Abuse is never okay. Tell someone, do not go unheard, there are people who will listen and can help. Never stay silent, because you deserve to be heard.

-----

I haven't been focusing on wattpad lately, and for that I apologize. I'm going to be putting this story into a blender of changes, and first of all I need a new title. I have a few ideas, and I was wondering if anyone had any preferences:

Saved By You

You're My Ever

On Your Toes/On My Toes

She's So Gone

I don't know, but if you have any ideas, please tell me!

(And for the record, the regular chapters aren't like this, and won't be this short, only a few of them (including the next one) will be in this format!)

Thanks for everyone's who's stuck with me :)