7 - Finding I

"Here," I spoke as I passed the ice-cream that I bought for the quiet Jeongyeon.

The said girl stared at me in confusion before accepting the cold dessert, "Thanks," She said.

I sat beside her on the wooden bench, before casually taking a bit on my own vanilla ice cream. After our unintentional meeting with Mina and my unplanned rescue of Jeongyeon, I found ourselves on the mall's common park. I took it upon myself to cheer my sulky companion when I saw the ice cream truck, and so here we are, on the park and eating ice cream.

"What's this for?" Jeongyeon asked after taking a bite on the dessert.

I shrugged before answering, "Ice cream is the best way to cheer people up, isn't it?"

There was a small quirk on her lips before she spoke, "Really?" She stared at me in disbelief, "Who would've have thought, Im Nayeon's way of cheering people up is buying them ice cream."

"Hey, be happy you're one of the privileged who have experienced this," I told her making her chuckle.

I smiled when I finally saw her smile, "See?" I pointed at her upturned lips, "It worked, you're smiling,"

It was then a great surprise when Jeongyeon softly patted my head, "How many times have you saved me, Im Nayeon," She stated softly, her eyes full of melancholy but also gratitude.

"Saved you?" I asked her instead of focusing on how my heart almost jumped out of my chest because of her action.

She sighed as she looked ahead, "You were there in every embarrassing situation I was in, these past few days."

"Well it's not my fault why you're in those predicaments," I shrugged it off, "But maybe it's a sign that we really should be friends, you know?"

Jeongyeon pointed her ice cream at me, "You blackmailed me!" She said.

"You were being difficult," I glared at her, "What was I supposed to do?"

She was quiet for a minute, her eyes on nothing but me, curious and searching. It didn't make me calm at all, the way her beautiful eyes searched mine, it's like she's reading me.

"You're different," She murmured.

"Of course I am! I'm Im Nayeon for god sake," I replied as I tried to hide my embarrassment by eating my ice cream.

"Why do you want to be friends with someone like me?" Her question caught me off guard.

"How could I not?" I asked in return.

"I'm nobody," She answered, "I'm not popular like you and your friends, hell I only have one friend and that's Mina."

"And now that you have feelings for Myoui, you don't see her as a friend anymore," I stated with a shrug trying to hide the disdain I was feeling, "This means you don't have a friend anymore, and I'll gladly take that position," I grinned.

Jeongyeon look in surprise and horror, "I-I don't have fe-feelings for Mina!"

I scoffed, "Yeah, you're really convincing,"

"I..." Jeongyeon's slumped on the bench as she realised that there's really no point in denying it.

"I'm always right, Yoo Jeongyeon," I smirked, yet she remained quiet.

"So, what are you gonna do?" I asked.

"What?" The confusion was evident on her face as she looked at me.

"Myoui, what are you going to do about her? Will you confess?" I checked my nails in order to seem nonchalant about all this.

Jeongyeon let out a humourless chuckle, "No, there's really no point in confessing,"