Love or duty?

Flashback.

Daenerys walked through the halls. She couldn't tell about her sister's arrest. She blocked emotions out so that people wouldn't notice she was panicked she'd be floated. She saw Bellamy Blake in his working suit, walking in a corridor. He had been expelled from the guards. She walked past him and shoved him as she did.

"What's your problem?" She heard him grunt, so she turned around.

"You are."

"Why? Coz I'm in your way?"

"I guess in a way you are." She replied dryly. 

"What the hell does that mean?"

"That means you go float yourself."

"Listen, girl, I don't have time for this. State your purpose or move."

"After what you've done, you have no right to address me like that." He remained speechless. "Forget it. But just remember that, even if your family is more important than any friends or else to you, these other people have a family that they love just as much and they may be trying to avoid the same things that you were avoiding. Like having your family floated."

Bellamy was struck and couldn't say a word. He watched her go wondering about what it all meant. What did he do? He had been struck by the pain and beauty of this girl. She seemed really strong if she was getting her family floated. Which she probably was. He ran after her, and grabbed her wrist.

"Don't touch me!"

"Wait, please." He asked, she looked at him dead in the eyes, her hands on her hips.

"What do you want?" She demanded.

"C-could you explain?"

She sighed. "Listen, just forget it said any of this I have-I..." She shook her head, fighting tears. "I have a trial to go to." She finished locking gaze with him as tears filled her eyes.

"I'm...I'm sorry-"

"Forget it." She said softly, looking down before leaving. She felt Bellamy's eyes on her back the whole time she was in the corridor.

End flashback.

Daenerys woke up in her old Ark bed. No....she was scared to be back in her mind space. She stood upright and screamed from the top of her lungs Bellamy's name. He dashed in, and she sighed in deep relief and let one tear come down. He was stripped to the waist wearing his pyjamas trousers.

"What is it?" He asked her softly, but scared that anything was wrong.

"I-I think I just can't be in here. I'll explain later, but I can't....I keep having nightmares..."

"Hey, that's okay. C'mon, I'll take you to my room. It's just next door."

She nodded. She couldn't walk because of the deep wounds so he took her bridal style and brought her to his bed.

"There. Will you be okay?"

She gave him a small smile and laid down. He went for the couch, to let her sleep well in the bed.

"Bellamy." She called softly.

"Yeah?"

"You being in the bed won't keep me from sleeping."

He gave her a sweet, loving smile and laid beside her. She fell asleep almost immediately, but it took Bellamy longer. Not that he couldn't sleep, but he didn't want to sleep now. He just looked at her, peacefully asleep. He didn't dare move, too scared he'd wake her. Gently with his hand, he removed a strand of hair, and stroke her cheek gently. She didn't budge, and was still asleep yet a small smile appeared on her face. He stared softly at her until he fell asleep.

More or less logically, Daenerys woke up earlier than Bellamy. She smiled at the situation, thinking about what her sister would've thought. She stared at him this time, loving his freckles, his curly hair, his peaceful breathing. Knowing he was asleep, and being a little cold, she moved closer and curled up against his warm chest, and her eyes shut again. This was the most peaceful moment she'd had in a long, long time, in years. She stopped thinking about anything, only enjoying the moment. Until she felt an arm surrounding her waist and pulling her closer. She giggled.

"Morning, sunshine." His hoarse morning voice said, making her smile even more. "I gotta go to the Chancellor. I'm gonna go back to the guard."

Daenerys's smile faded. "You sure bout that?"

"Yeah I'd like to."

"I guess I can't keep you for myself." She joked, but he knew that wasn't why she was reluctant about him entering the guard.

"It's not like on the Ark. It's all changed."

"I guess it has. I'll have to go to Polis in a few days, anyway."

Bellamy sat upright. "What for?!"

Daenerys gave him a small smile and as he was looking at her she reached for his face. "Bellamy Blake..." She said so soft it was almost a whisper. She was playing with his hair, lightly stroking his face. "I'm so fond of you, Bell." She uttered in a low voice.

"Say that again" He said similarly, with a soft smile.

"Say what?" she asked, still playing with his hair, and staring at his features.

"Call me by my nickname."

"What, Bell?"

"I love it when you say it."

Daenerys bit her lip, "Well I guess I'll keep calling you that then, Bell." He leant over her and kissed her, making her giggle.

His forhead rested on hers, for a while. She bit her lip, holding his hands and holding his loving gaze.

"Now you can go, Bell." She whispered.

He kissed her again before getting up and getting dressed. He had his clean clothes on, his casual look, to go and see the Chancellor.  He gave her one last look before leaving her smiling deep in thoughts in the bed. She turned her head and her eyes fell on her two swords, and all her grounder clothes. She stared from a few minutes. These were hers, the showed the real her. She had to find Lexa, she had to find Clarke. She got up, fighting the sharp pain, got dressed and fully ready before putting on her armor and her swords one of her guard found where she'd left them.

Once ready, s he got out of the room and went to find Octavia who was just arriving into camp.

"I'm leaving, O."

"Where? For how long? Why?"

"Calm down, O, I'm not gonna go for long, but I need to find Clarke, and to go and see Lexa. Tell your brother not to worry, and not to be mad, I'll be right back."

Octavia nodded with a smile. "Daenerys Fleim Nou Daun, Keryon kom Heda can't stay in the Ark forever"

"Definitely not!" Daenerys smiled back, locking arms with her friend. They quickly hugged, then Daenerys got her horse and rode away,enjoying these moments of freedom and peace.

She hoped Bellamy wouldn't be mad at her for leaving, she wouldn't be able to be away for too long anyway, but...a lot could happen in a week.

  First she had to find Clarke, then she'd have to go to Lexa.

She was probably leaving peace as well as the Ark...