1 | exhaustion

"What do you both want for dinner?" It had been a long week for Luna as she still had a few lose ends to tie up and it had been wearing her down and it was beginning to show

"Pizza." Both Mary And Christopher shouted in unison.

Luna laughed, "I'm beginning to think your twins at this point." The two kids loved their blossoming relationship and they always wanted to hang out, even if they saw each other in school Monday to Friday.

"Twins." They both shouted in unison once again.

"Now you're both just being silly." Luna giggled. Neither of them answered as they grinned at the young mother. Luna presses a kiss to both their heads before picking up the phone to order pizza while they watched the movie.

Luna didn't remember when she feel asleep but she woke up to someone knocking on the door. The kids had fallen asleep on the floor, on pillows and blankets, looking extremely comfortable.

Luna got up to open the door to Eddie in his uniform. "I'm sorry I'm late." He spoke nervously. He hated leaving Christopher but he also didn't want Luna to think he was taking advantage of her kindness, even if she told him otherwise.

Luna shook her head, "No worried. I head about the big accident on the highway. Besides, both Mary and I love having him here. I'm fine with him staying the night, he looks to comfortable to move."

"Honestly, I can't tell you how grateful I am to know you. Christopher had been so happy lately and I'm glad he's found a good friend in Mary. What do you mean he's comfortable?" Eddie asked in confusion.

Luna moved out of his way so he could walk into the house. Eddie followed her to the living room to find both kids asleep on the floor.

He chuckled softly, "I see what you mean."

"I have a guest bedroom you can stay in for the night, if you don't want to wake him up." Luna offered. She didn't want to wake up the kids but didn't want Eddie to feel uncomfortable about leaving Christopher with her or staying for the night.

Eddie smiled, "Thank you. I can't begin to thank you for everything you have done for him for the past couple of days. I know he loves spending time with Mary but I worried that he would be sad or jealous about not having a mother figure in his life, like Mary has."

"Trust me, I get it. Mary doesn't have a father figure in her life and I didn't want her to be sad about Christopher having you in his life. He's lucky to have you and I'm glad she's found such a good friend." Luna explained with a smile as she watched the kids.

"He's lucky to have her, just as I'm lucky to have you." Neither spoke after that as they got ready for bed, trying not to disturb the kids.

" Neither spoke after that as they got ready for bed, trying not to disturb the kids

"What are you doing?"

Luna hadn't sleep good that night, she had probably had an hour max. So much had been happening and she had so much to worry about that she couldn't stop thinking and it was preventing her from sleep. Anxiety was a bitch.

Eddie turned around from the stove, "I wanted to make breakfast as a thank you. You've done so much for me and Christopher that I wanted to something for you as a small thank you. I know it's not much but it's a start."

"Well, I definitely to appreciate it and I know the kids will too." Luna thanked him as the kids came running into the room.

"Food." They both yelled in unison as their parents laughed. Luna and Eddie made sure the kids had their breakfast before getting them ready for school. Eddie didn't have work that morning so he offered to drive them all to school.

"The kids ready?" Eddie asked when Luna walked back downstairs after getting ready. Luna knew she was tired but her head was beginning to hurt and she was getting dizzy the longer she stood up.

"Almost." She replied softly before she lost her footing.

Eddie was quick to catch her, "Are you okay?" Luna didn't reply as everything went black.