6 | distance

For the past couple of days, Luna had been keeping her distance from Eddie, especially after the run in with his ex-wife

For the past couple of days, Luna had been keeping her distance from Eddie, especially after the run in with his ex-wife. After Eddie had finally turned up Shannon had chosen to yell at Luna in front of the children but neither parent were having it and Luna walked away with her daughter.

It had been easy for distance herself from Eddie since Mary was sick and hadn't been in school for the past couple of days so she didn't have to explain herself to him or see his face. Luckily it was just a cold but she didn't want other kids to catch it, especially Christopher so Mary spent most of her time in her bed.

"Mum? When can I see Christopher?" Mary pouted.

Luna sighed, "I don't know, hunny. Maybe soon." She didn't have the heart to tell her daughter that she might not be seeing Christopher anytime soon. The whole situation sucked and it sucked even more knowing the kids might get hurt because of it.

"When is soon?" Mary asked.

Luna shook her head, "Why don't we go to the park?"

Mary didn't reply as she got up to get changed. Luna hated that her daughter refused to talk to talk to her. It had been them against the world, always and now she wouldn't even look in her direction and it sucked.

They had been at the park for a while, Mary playing while Luna tried to talk to her but she wasn't getting anywhere and it was starting to frustrate her. Mary kept running and playing as far away from her as possible and it just got to the point, that Luna watched her from afar.

Christopher?!" Mary screamed and Luna watched as she ran towards him and his father.

Eddie had ushered them to play together as he made his way towards her, looking unlike him. He looked disheveled, tired and had bags under his eyes.

"You've been avoiding me," Eddie spoke as he sat down next to her, ready to finally get to the bottom of why she was avoiding him. Truth was, it hurt, a lot and he didn't know what he had done for it to happen.

Luna exhaled heavily as she looked at the children, "It's for the best."

Eddie scoffed, "For who? May is obviously miserable and so is Christopher. I'm miserable and I know you are too. Why are you doing this? Why have you been avoiding us? Is this because of Shannon and her being back?"

"I love that little boy like I love my daughter. He deserves to have his mother in his life, he deserves to have a family with both his parents. I care about you both so much but the number one priority should be that boy. I know Mary is mad at me and she has every right to be but this isn't about us. I'm sorry but it's for the best." Luna spoke as she began tearing up.

Eddie shook his head, "That's not true. Christopher loves you and Mary, you're family. It wasn't fair that you made that chose without talking to us, talking to me. I care about you, so much and it scares me because I've never felt this may about anyone. You make me happy and Christopher. I don't want to lose you. Shannon and I are not together and we are never getting back together. She made her choice when she chose to walk out on our son. Please don't walk away."

"You're making this harder than it needs to be." Luna cried softly.

Eddie grabbed her hand, "It doesn't' have to be. I want to be with you. I know I haven't made myself as clear as I should have but I like you and I want to be with you, you make me happy and it scares me to lose you. Please don't walk away."

Luna gripped his hand tighter, "I'm so used to protecting my heart that it's easier to push people away instead of the possibility of getting hurt. I'm scared, I'm so scared of getting hurt. I like you too Eddie, so I ask you, please don't hurt me."

"I promise I'm not going anywhere."

"I'm holding you to that."